How much light?

brighteyez

I have a baby Jackson's, in a 1'x2'x16" glass cage. Right now I have two lights on him, a basking light, (75w sun Glo), and a uvb light, (15w repti glo). Is that enough? I thought it was but my little guy keeps climbing onto the screen top right under the lights like he is tring to get to them.

I have a baby Jackson's, in a 1'x2'x16" glass cage. Right now I have two lights on him, a basking light, (75w sun Glo), and a uvb light, (15w repti glo). Is that enough? I thought it was but my little guy keeps climbing onto the screen top right under the lights like he is tring to get to them.

Get him out of the glass. Get a screen cage from www.lllreptile.com
You dont need a fancy brand light like a "sun glo" although it does work. Get a regular white light house bulb they work great and cost wayy less. How far away are the lights from his basking perches? Get rid of that REPTI glo!!!
get a repti sun 5.0 linear bulb. Also post pictures for more accurate responses.

LLL also has the reptisun 5.0 uvb bulbs and fixtures.

The lights are about 6in away from where he sits, although, like I said, he keeps climbing onto the screen top.

The repti glo i have is a linear bulb. is it still not the right thing?

I can't post pictures, I don't have a camra.

The lights are about 6in away from where he sits, although, like I said, he keeps climbing onto the screen top.

The repti glo i have is a linear bulb. is it still not the right thing?

I can't post pictures, I don't have a camra.

As people may say that they are ok statistics say otherwise. I have to say in this case at a young age for a jacksons its better safe than sorry. So that repti sun 5.0 linear tube is a must. And even though the glass enclouser might be ok for now since the top is screen for future prospect shop at www.lllreptile.com they have everything right you will need. And always come to chameleonforums.com for the best advice today :)

cheers

Get him out of the glass. Get a screen cage from www.lllreptile.com
You dont need a fancy brand light like a "sun glo" although it does work. Get a regular white light house bulb they work great and cost wayy less. How far away are the lights from his basking perches? Get rid of that REPTI glo!!!
get a repti sun 5.0 linear bulb. Also post pictures for more accurate responses.

LLL also has the reptisun 5.0 uvb bulbs and fixtures.

Hey there! Thanks for the advice. I now have a screen enclosure which Wilson seems to really like. One last question! I went ahead and bought a reptisun linear bulb, but you said get rid of the repti glo. why? can i not even use it for suplimental light? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom