How much is TOO much?!

Lots of Italians and some French also breed snails for escargot!

Just make sure the shells of the species you get aren't really dense, or you might wind up with a broken jaw or broken teeth.

The younger/smaller, the better.

That's what I was worried about. By the way - would the shell damage the internal stuff if chewed badly?

It's possible. If you can crush the shell between your thumb and your index finger without having to struggle with it, then you should be fine.

It all depends on the type of snail.

Aquatic snails have pretty fine shells, maybe check your local aquatic shop/fish store, I'm sure they can give you some leads or order a bunch in for you.

I was afraid of them being too crunchy for my gal as well....

Brock, how old would you say is it okay to start feeding a Jackson snails?:D

I would say adult size, or at least a large juvie. Probably 9-10 months you could start?

For younger ones, small aquatic snails should be fine.

I believe/hope I have some snails on the way to me to try with my panthers. Will try to remember to post the results of the experience.

I suspect that they will love them, given how much they enjoy isopods

Once when i bought a new ficus and it had a snail on it, my panther ate it and loved it!
I dont think they are as well adapted to eating snails as jacksons though because he was backed up for about a week.

I have the most economical chameleon. He eats about 1-2 roaches, then doesn't eat for another 3 days. He does this even when food is offered. When I hear 10-15 per day, I don't see how you ppl can keep up.

I have the most economical chameleon. He eats about 1-2 roaches, then doesn't eat for another 3 days. He does this even when food is offered. When I hear 10-15 per day, I don't see how you ppl can keep up.

That can't be good, how old is he?

My 7 month old is like that.at first i was really worried he wasn't eating enough but he is healthy,growing,and shedding so i am now more relaxed and he eats large locusts well gutloaded just some are more hungry than others i guess:)

Back
Top Bottom