How much and when should I feed my veild chameleon? I have had him for 5 months.

BB1D3BAC-EBD4-4D6B-A908-8BA9F0161799.jpeg

Attachments

• 4EDF13BF-F0C9-497B-8C79-CC9E2B36A995.jpeg
    4EDF13BF-F0C9-497B-8C79-CC9E2B36A995.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 86
He looks to be closer to a year old if not a year. Normally they taper off themselves. What are you currently feeding him? Depending on the bug depends on how much to feed. And frequency can be every other day.

He looks to be closer to a year old if not a year. Normally they taper off themselves. What are you currently feeding him? Depending on the bug depends on how much to feed. And frequency can be every other day.

I am currently feeding him every other day 7 crickets the size of his head

Ok I think that’s a good place to start. Since they don’t eat daily it’s really important to make sure they are gut loaded well. Also, adding a variety of feeders is a great option for added nutrition. :)

So he looks to be about 12 inches... I am going with about 9 months old but genetics play into their size. Beautiful boy though. I think he looks really healthy no sign of weight issues with his casque. Stay with the every other day 5-7 feeders. Once he gets past the year mark then you want to start watching the weight more closely. Get a kitchen gram scale.

So he looks to be about 12 inches... I am going with about 9 months old but genetics play into their size. Beautiful boy though. I think he looks really healthy no sign of weight issues with his casque. Stay with the every other day 5-7 feeders. Once he gets past the year mark then you want to start watching the weight more closely. Get a kitchen gram scale.

Thank you for your help

Remember: if you have the time, energy and $ to make true the statement ‘I have no staple feeder’, then good on ya.

Well idk how old he is but my Cham is 5.5 months old and 14 inches so they may be similar ages. However looking at the sizes of chams my chameleons age he may be huge!

Back
Top Bottom