How many?

renzo0684

Avid Member
I just bought my first pod of horned worms. I have used dubia roaches, crickets, and supers. I have never used horned worms. I looked up some info on past threads and want to make sure I've got this correct. I should only feed Chester 1 to 2 a week along with his normal feeders for the day correct? Thanks for the help!

They are just "bags of water" and they will only live a few weeks before they either cocoon or get to big to eat. You can feed them any time "after" the main feeding. I will fill up the feeder cup when i wake up, and put a silky (or several) in different places in the cage before i leave to work, so he can hunt. You will get runny urate due to the increased water content.

They are just "bags of water" and they will only live a few weeks before they either cocoon or get to big to eat. You can feed them any time "after" the main feeding. I will fill up the feeder cup when i wake up, and put a silky (or several) in different places in the cage before i leave to work, so he can hunt. You will get runny urate due to the increased water content.
That's what I did this morning... I made the mistake and bought a pod. Most will get too big before they're fed... Damn oh well you live and learn... thank God my pet store sells singles and just pods...

Some doubled in size over night! Lmao I shouldn't have bought a pod hahahaha

As Fiona’s Mom said keep them cooler. I use a wine cooler but you can put some ice in a regular cooler throw an old towel over the top of the ice and put them in there. You can also take their food away. That them out of the food everyother day and that will also slow their growing. When you have two boys they will be able to eat a pod no problem. My big guys love them. You should also try silkworms. I get them from costalsilkworms.com They are better for them and grow slower. They also come in different sizes....small, medium and large. Start with small.

Back
Top Bottom