how many waxwroms can i feed my chams?

alex arango

hello,
so i just bought 50 waxworms from the pet store, but i have read they can be bad for your cham if you feed them too many and could possibly die if feed too many. so i want to know how many to feed mine, i have 2 jacksons(1 female 1male) that are about a year old, 2 vields, one is 22 months old and the other is 6 months old.

just feed them sparingly. I don't know about them killing your chameleons. If that was the only thing you fed then yes as they are super high in fat and it would be like a person eating a very fatty diet which is not healthy. Like if you are going to feed 6 crickets maybe 2 waxworms and do that a couple of times a week. I would not feed them everyday.

the only time i recommend waxworms is when your cham is underweight. and even so, as ferret mentioned just recently in the thread about superworms, excessive fat in the diet can and will hamper the livers ability to process toxins. so if you cham is suffering from some other ailment but is only exhibiting low body weight as a symptom its not necessarily a good choice to use them, even then.

if you had a baby what would you feed it? twinkies, chocolate and sausage? or ceral bananas and chicken? word to the wise, never feed your kid cake soda or chocolate it turns them into major league a holes/brats.

hello,
so i just bought 50 waxworms from the pet store, but i have read they can be bad for your cham if you feed them too many and could possibly die if feed too many. so i want to know how many to feed mine, i have 2 jacksons(1 female 1male) that are about a year old, 2 vields, one is 22 months old and the other is 6 months old.

I usually say that zero is a good number to strive for.
But since you alreayd bought them, keep it to no more than one a week for the older animals. You could safely give two or three a week for the 6 month old animal.

I like the word usage Sandra soldier fly maggots lol/ pheonix worms are calcium worms and like Sandra said soldier fly maggots their rich with calcium and best fed when their darker color but they will turn and fly out if u don't get rid of them quickly! Silks and.horns are the best feeder worm crickets is about 40 % then silks and pheonix is what mine get with the occasional superworm and very occasional waxworm as a treat! Roaches make a good stable diet as well they are easy to gut load look into dubias!

I like the word usage Sandra soldier fly maggots lol/ pheonix worms are calcium worms and like Sandra said soldier fly maggots their rich with calcium and best fed when their darker color but they will turn and fly out if u don't get rid of them quickly! Silks and.horns are the best feeder worm crickets is about 40 % then silks and pheonix is what mine get with the occasional superworm and very occasional waxworm as a treat! Roaches make a good stable diet as well they are easy to gut load look into dubias!

how many silk and horn worms do you feed them like in a week? how old is your cham? how many silk or horn worms should i feed my jacksons and my vields? how many times a week? and how many per day?

can anybody tell me how many silk and horn worms i should feed my xanth and vield chams like as in a number of how many per day and how many days a week instead of percentage of there feeding? i am a little confused. i now know about other worms and stuff, now need to know about silk and horn worms. i already have waxworms but i am going to buy silk,horn worms and roaches tomorrow and just give them waxworms couple times a month. also am i suppost to give less to one species than the other?

Silks can be a daily feeder! But it kinda is up to u my veiled won't eat no worms at all neither will my male xanth but my other three love them . You want to use your dubias and crickets for gutloading and supplementing . But giving a few horns or silks daily or every other day won't hurt its kinda like us we don't want the same thingsto eat everyday do if u mix it up they'll enjoy a wider variety of feeders I would get dubias and worry about a stable diet and supplementation schedule with dubias crickets and silks imo but many use different feeders and such read sandras blog on supplementing and come up with a good plan for u and your chams

Silks can be a daily feeder! But it kinda is up to u my veiled won't eat no worms at all neither will my male xanth but my other three love them . You want to use your dubias and crickets for gutloading and supplementing . But giving a few horns or silks daily or every other day won't hurt its kinda like us we don't want the same thingsto eat everyday do if u mix it up they'll enjoy a wider variety of feeders I would get dubias and worry about a stable diet and supplementation schedule with dubias crickets and silks imo but many use different feeders and such read sandras blog on supplementing and come up with a good plan for u and your chams

alright i see thanks and im looking up sandras blog for sure.

The calcium plus is great but I no longer use it on my xanths I use vit-all gutload and mineral o from sticky tongue farms and. Dust 3 x a week 7 day week with the mineral o and gutload the night before with the vit-all and random fruit and vegtables ....only a matchhead of mineral o tho and twice a month with d3 the calcium plus is a multivitamin and has d3 in it and xanths only require that.twice a month don't quote me I've learned from others on the site

Back
Top Bottom