How many times did it take you to get your panthers to breed?

XtremeHobby

I try maybe once every 1-2 weeks as to not stress my female out too much, she shows her pink colours as if she is receptive to breeding but once she sees my male panther she freaks out. She is a year old and not sure what to do to get her to breed...

Would it be a better idea to get a big house plant, put her in that for awhile and then try and introduce the male again instead of trying to put him in her tank (or hers in his)? I don't force either one in either tank I let them see each other and thats when the female goes all dark and wants nothing to do with it.

Wait for receptive she al just look at him and walk away or toward him slow and not colour up dark patience it will happen the only way is to keep showi.g them as soon as she is receptive u will see the difference and then leave them till she goes non receptive just hit or miss then u will almost be able to have a schedule for when she will become receptive but its the first mating that's the hardest did you raise her heat and food a little that helps too

Wait for receptive she al just look at him and walk away or toward him slow and not colour up dark patience it will happen the only way is to keep showi.g them as soon as she is receptive u will see the difference and then leave them till she goes non receptive just hit or miss then u will almost be able to have a schedule for when she will become receptive but its the first mating that's the hardest did you raise her heat and food a little that helps too

Will raise the heat slightly and I've already raised the amount of food shell eat more than I thought she took 12 out of my hand last night...

My Nosy Be pair are right at a year old, so for the first time today I thought I'd put them together and see what happened. She made no agressive moves at all, and he just climbed up and went to town. She let him mate twice in about 2 hours and then turned dark and didn't want him near so I took him back out. I guess that's pretty good luck!

sometimes the females can be territorial of there space. It is best to put her in his cage or neutral territory. But if she has unfertilized eggs (which is very possible at her age) she will have no part of him until she lays. In that case IME it usually takes about 1 month after she lays to be receptive again, but that can vary. Has she laid any eggs yet? Or show gravid colors when presented to him (orange and black)?

sometimes the females can be territorial of there space. It is best to put her in his cage or neutral territory. But if she has unfertilized eggs (which is very possible at her age) she will have no part of him until she lays. In that case IME it usually takes about 1 month after she lays to be receptive again, but that can vary. Has she laid any eggs yet? Or show gravid colors when presented to him (orange and black)?

I made a new thread with 2 pics of her, asking if she looks gravid (never did get to breed her), here is the link:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-female-panther-gravid-91921/#post858711

to be or not to be

I usually just open her door while holding the male on my hand in front of the cage. if she starts flaring up, he'll just sit and watch her. if the lady is receptive, he'll jump from my and onto a branch and get to work like a 15yr old kid. now my veils, are a little more slower and romantic. my panthers are just freaks. my jackson's i never see. it just happens. one day there is just babies hanging out near the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom