how many nozzle on a mist king

nstd

Established Member
tried searching but couldn't find any info.

How many nozzle can I have connected to a mist king starter? I currently have two nozzle, but thinking about adding two more (adding more cages). Will I lose pressure?

tried searching but couldn't find any info.

How many nozzle can I have connected to a mist king starter? I currently have two nozzle, but thinking about adding two more (adding more cages). Will I lose pressure?
I'm not a 100% but I think on the box it says 20

Question - Does anyone ever really NEED 70 nozzles? Even 20? 10 would be pushing it for most. I would think that the average pet owner would needs less than 10. So unless you are a breeder. why would anyone need such a large pump unless these pumps are rated at the maximum output?

Is the starter pump capable of doing 4 nozzles effectively for 3 minutes, but the 10 max nozzles would limit the output to 30 seconds?

I'm looking at getting a mist king, as to make my own would be VERY cost effective (found the main parts for under $70) but I'm in a time crunch. I would do not have the time to source, setup and test, modify then install. :(

Question - Does anyone ever really NEED 70 nozzles? Even 20? 10 would be pushing it for most. I would think that the average pet owner would needs less than 10. So unless you are a breeder. why would anyone need such a large pump unless these pumps are rated at the maximum output?

Is the starter pump capable of doing 4 nozzles effectively for 3 minutes, but the 10 max nozzles would limit the output to 30 seconds?

I'm looking at getting a mist king, as to make my own would be VERY cost effective (found the main parts for under $70) but I'm in a time crunch. I would do not have the time to source, setup and test, modify then install. :(
I have a Mistking but Climist looks the same accept for the timer and is less expensive. MK uses a custom one and Climist has their logo on a Woods timer. Woods timer works at the outlet and the MK timer is inline, between the power source and pump, but can be removed to use an outlet timer [which is what they used to use, a Woods timer as well].

The starter pump can run 10 nozzles for as long as you want. I currently have 3 nozzles (runs fine) and will be doing eight total by the time I am done my setup. 4 per tank (2 of the EXO terra 36Wx18Dx36W). I expect that it should be fine to run all 8.

The potential issue with adding more then 10 nozzles on the 10 nozzle pump would be that the pressure would not be great enough to get the same spray effect. I believe it would still work, but they spray would not be as great.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a great price on a Mist King.....;) The basic setup is nice, but the add on really add to the price. I would need a second nozzle and what ever hardware that would require as well as those corner parts...:unsure:

an extra nozzle T assembly is an extra $14.00 and the screen wedges are only $9.50 when bought with the starter kit.

sorry Yes on their direct website they are only $5.00 and amazon is more . They are pretty self explanatory to make yourself if you wanted too.

sorry Yes on their direct website they are only $5.00 and amazon is more . They are pretty self explanatory to make yourself if you wanted too.

Just checking ;) There comes a time when spending $5 is better than the 20 minutes to find and make one. Now at $14, I'm making that SOB...:mad:

I'm sure the part cost less than 50 cents to make, so $5 for it is really a rip off, but an acceptable one. o_O

Unfortunately my setup cost more than what I wanted and is not working as anticipated..

There is always something to fine tune...

Seriously look into a Climist. I have 2 and they work great, essentially the same pump as the MK, cheaper, and I can buy additional parts and accessories on Ebay or Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom