How many locusts

Just wondering how many locusts and superworms I should be feeding my 5 mo panther he currently has 6-7 medium locusts and 2 super worms a week
That depends upon his appetite and growth rate. You are going to want to balance a healthy appetite with a good growth rate. If your Furcifer pardalis is eating a lot and becoming obese you are feeding him to much. If you are feeding your Furcifer pardalis and he is becoming skinny and is growing slowly you may not be feeding him enough.

I would offer your chameleon 3-4 different insect varieties of feeder insects, superworms and locust alone may not be that great of a combination.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I did try dubia roaches but he wouldn't have none of them but he loves locusts and brown crickets are a no go in my house 🤣🤣 do you have any other feeders in mind?

This might help you for feeders... I can not give feedback on locusts because I can't get them so I do not know what their size/ratio is equal to.

Attachments

• chameleon-food(1).jpg
    chameleon-food(1).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 88
I did try dubia roaches but he wouldn't have none of them but he loves locusts and brown crickets are a no go in my house 🤣🤣 do you have any other feeders in mind?
There are more than one type of roach to choose one. Maybe a different colored (green roaches) roach I suggest. You can feed an assortment of flies. Those are normally well received. If you want to go gourmet for your chameleon foods that are normally saved for Calumma parsonii parsonii you could feed such as Mantis species and Stick Insects species. Then there are occasional treats such as butter worms and wax worms. Those are feeders to consider. There are other feeders such as field plankton.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

There are more than one type of roach to choose one. Maybe a different colored (green roaches) roach I suggest. You can feed an assortment of flies. Those are normally well received. If you want to go gourmet for your chameleon foods that are normally saved for Calumma parsonii parsonii you could feed such as Mantis species and Stick Insects species. Then there are occasional treats such as butter worms and wax worms. Those are feeders to consider. There are other feeders such as field plankton.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Do you have any links to people/companies that sell these in the UK?
Thank you

They are medium sized I think goes up to about 25mm long he has no problem eating them sorry I miss wrote he has 6-7 daily and 2 super worms a week and I put 10 locust in his feeders cup everyday and he only eats that amount

Do you have any links to people/companies that sell these in the UK?
Thank you
No I do not. I live in the States. I think there are a couple keepers on the Chameleon Forums who are from the UK that can help you though. She is one of the Chameleon Forums gals MarrySkittles?!?! She is who I would recommend to talk to about UK feeder insects.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Hi at that age I would probably feed more. I have a mature female so only feed every other day and one or two treats per week ( pachnoda, waxworms, supers, ) I would imo for the next 2 months feed every day 5 feeders ( which have been well maintained/ gutloaded ) and mix your feeders up dubia roaches are high in protein, black soldier fly. Keep a log and keep it interesting and balanced

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-215443_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-215443_Chrome.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210403_174659.jpg
    20210403_174659.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 87
Silkworm uk ,global gekos, buzzard reptiles, Northampton reptile centre. I hope that is enough links. As I thought your feeder list was per week what you are feeding should be fine. Just keep a look at your chams shape but I would start cutting that done a bit.

Back
Top Bottom