How many chameleons do you have?

I have 27 at the moment. Veileds, panthers, jacksonii jacksonii and jacksonii xantholophus. Of course it becomes a lot of work, and sometimes even tedious, but for me, it’s all worth it.

Wait. That includes the babies right? You dont have 27 adults right? If you got 27 adults, thats a big Herp Room!

I have one veiled. I also have 2 beardies, 3 leopard geckos (one of which is a baby), 2 aquatic frogs, 2 Great Danes, and then a rescue comet goldfish. Some of you may have seen his tank in the back of some photos.. currently in a small aquarium to make treating any illness easier.

I have one veiled. I also have 2 beardies, 3 leopard geckos (one of which is a baby), 2 aquatic frogs, 2 Great Danes, and then a rescue comet goldfish. Some of you may have seen his tank in the back of some photos.. currently in a small aquarium to make treating any illness easier.

We had a Great Dane several years ago. We now have an English Mastiff and Newfoundland.

Those are some awesome and massive doggies! ❤

Lol! They are!! I'm a firm believer in being the pack leader. We religiously walk our dogs everyday. There are many days I walk them both on my own. I also walked them while pregnant with a double stroller. I'm 5 foot tall, so you can only imagine the comments I get while walking them!! ????

Its easy to go overboard, but I think that overboard is double digits. Living in Florida, I rotate my boys and girls out to the patio on a free range daily. However, as someone previously mentioned, it can cause some serious issues if you ever have to leave home. Recently I had to make a trip to the Midwest for my wife's mother being hospitalized and it ended not well for two of my girls. But I can't place all the blame on the pet sitter.

Here's what I currently have - 2 male panthers (ambilobe and faly), 2 females ambilobes (one "presumed"), 4 babies that hatched this weekend from my Faly (his mate is one of the ones who didn't make it) [also 16 more eggs from that clutch], female veiled, female beardie, gargoyle gecko, bugs, 3 squish face cats, 2 small dogs, and a cockatoo.

I prefer the females for personality, but the males have the *obvious* colors. The females have colors of their own, just not as outrageous. The pride of my collection is my Faly male by far, but everything gets attention - my wife and son are on disability so they help out.

All said, I never intended to become a "breeder" per se, most of the hookups have been due to me leaving a cage open while transferring to free range or feeding. However, it turns out to be a happy accident as I now have hatchling from the mother who is gone and she was my first cham. I also have another 90 eggs waiting to hatch from different pairings. Worst case ill end up turning my house into a giant cham cage... THATS overboard.

Some photos:
20190926_141734.jpg

The sire [Dex]

20191010_155827.jpg

Delilah (mother)

Offspring:
received_3167727773452807.jpeg

received_2621259414786030.jpeg

received_2864497310307225.jpeg

Thats my room - don't mind the mess, was when we first moved them in. Same basic idea though.

Back
Top Bottom