How long?

How long should a shed last? Wilson started shedding over a week ago, and he's not done yet.

Chameleons shed in patches and it can take several days for them to shed entirely (at least thats how it is for my chams). You can help increase the efficency/time of shedding by raising humidity levels and misting more often.

Chameleons shed in patches and it can take several days for them to shed entirely (at least thats how it is for my chams). You can help increase the efficency/time of shedding by raising humidity levels and misting more often.

I have been misting him often. It just seems that a few spots on his legs, and his back won't seem to budge. I read somewhere that one person got at wet q-tip and gently brush the area a few times. Is that ok?

I read somewhere that one person got at wet q-tip and gently brush the area a few times. Is that ok?

I have never heard of that, or experienced it so I'm not much help there :rolleyes:. But what do you mean by his back won't bulge? What are you humidity levels at?

If the shed does not seem to come off after a few days, and is in a constricting area (toes, tail) then rub some mineral oil on a q tip on the area, it will come off that day.

Back
Top Bottom