How long do you let a new cham go without eating?

Today's update:
The male is looking better in coloration, utilizing his cage, he passed stool, and he seems much happier. Unfortunately, he still refused food. I noted that the female did not like the feeder cup I'm offering now, though both chameleons ate from the previous cups. The previous cups were small, plastic, green flower pots, that I cut down and wired into place. The problem with them was that they drainage holes allowed too much water to accumulate and drown the feeders. I switched to a white pot ( easier to see the feeders against? ) and neither is having it. The female did eat, when I individually place feeders on the cage walls, so it wasn't the choice of prey. This tactic did not work on the male. I will be removing the bottoms of the green feeder cups and replacing them with screen and trying them again, as well as placing prey on the screen walls. I'm hopeful he is settling in and adjusting, as well as demanding a fitting royal catering to, and so cater to them I shall. I am sending his stool off to the vet for another check and we'll try for feeding again, tomorrow.
Extensionofgreen how your boy doing bro? I'm hoping he's adjusting and doing just fine..

Thanks for checking in!
The male ended his hunger strike 3 days ago and seems to finally be adjusting! The female went on a 5 day hunger strike, which also ended yesterday. My central AC went dead over the weekend, so high temps might have contributed to her lack of interest in feeding, but a portable AC installed Tuesday resolved that and the Central AC is being replaced Monday.
It's never smooth sailing, when acclimating WC chameleons!

I'm glad to hear everything is doing ok with your Parsonii please keep us inform their process looking forward in the near future to purchase a bloodline from you. Best wishes Felix...

I consider that quite a compliment! I'm erecting an 8'x4'x6', planted enclosure for them, next weekend. They will live like royalty!

Both parsonii are eating and molting! I think they are finally over "the hump" and I won't be having a nervous breakdown, after all!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom