How long do you leave a panther female in with an aggressive male?

Chameleon Mike

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a female I tried breeding with my male and he was being aggressive towards her. His mouth open, puffed up and just being aggressive. I left her in there for a minute and she walked right up to him and he started nipping at her. I pulled her out immediately because I didn't want her getting hurt. I know being animals they may do that, like bearded dragons for example, but how long should it last and when is enough, enough?
I currently have a clutch of babies from this pairing from last year.

You can try introducing them somewhere outside of their cages so that he doesn't feel territorial.

I have a female I tried breeding with my male and he was being aggressive towards her. His mouth open, puffed up and just being aggressive. I left her in there for a minute and she walked right up to him and he started nipping at her. I pulled her out immediately because I didn't want her getting hurt. I know being animals they may do that, like bearded dragons for example, but how long should it last and when is enough, enough?
I currently have a clutch of babies from this pairing from last year.

Trying doing the opposite , put him in her cage and see if that changes anything if not trying putting them in a neutral location.

Screenshot_2018-06-22-10-11-11.png
@Chameleon Mike Do you have another female by chance? Or a friend near you that may have one they'd be willing to let you try with?
I don't actually. I have another male. I speed the two males and the one I'm trying to breed got fired up but I haven't tried pairing then again.
The other male I have is named Berry. I would just try him but he is only about 9 months old. I attached a pic of him. I haven't introduced him to the forum yet.
Sherbet is the male I'm trying to breed.

That sucks lol. Like I mentioned in the other thread on this topic a different female is what it took for Bort. Before Idunn he was aggressive like you describe your male as with Frija. If you have the space it may be worth the shot in trying a different female.

I may have to do that. I might just wait for a couple more months and try the new male, Berry, on my female, Charlotte. Thanks for the advise, I was really hoping to get another clutch with my original two because they make such cool looking babies.

That was why I tried so long with him and Frija. I'm positive their babies would've been stellar. They are my two friendliest and most laid chams and was hopeful of their babies carrying on that trait. Sadly for me it wasn't in the cards for them lol.

Back
Top Bottom