How long do Veiled chameleons keep shedding and growing?

JlaPinska

Just wanted to know how far into their life they continue to grow. My dude is 3.5yrs old and he is still shedding and growing like crazy and he's already 2ft long. Here's a picture of my husband trying to hold our big boy. Not the greatest pic because he wouldn't sit still lol
27591331_10156053533119513_1623366834_n.jpg

They shed all their life and technically grow all their life just around his age he will stop growing so that it will be obvious. "Already" is an odd word... he has reached his full size pretty much since he is close to his senior years.

oh i was under the impression that they only live to be about 7 years old, i really need to measure him. Mean he's my baby, i check on him like every 5 minutes lol

He does appear to have a good size to him for a captive chameleon , i would be curious to his length and weight .
if i had a way to weigh him i would. i will try to get him out today to obtain a length measurement. It's probbaly right at 2 ft but i wouldnt doubt if its a little over.

The average for males is 7 years old but senior years are consider 5+. Though some male veileds can live to be 12.

Back
Top Bottom