How long can crickets stay alive?

The have short lifespans, as much as 8 weeks but usually less. Temperature plays a role, but how long yours will last will depend mostly on how old they were when you got them.

At 95F they will double in size each week till 6 weeks. Then they will be adults and live 2 more weeks and die.

Ive been able to get them to last 3 months at 70F. The problem is adults last a month tops.

Seems like once they are adults, they only live a few weeks.

I think it depends on temp and species, I have seen way different estimates
for lifespans from weeks to several months.

Mine never live very long no matter how well I care for them.

Dubia roaches, on the other hand, live a long time.

I too was wondering this. Mine seem to be dying off rather quickly, although who knows how old they were when I bought them (they were/are adults). It seemed like I was able to hang on to the smaller ones longer. But I was also feeding anoles, not a bottom-less pit of a juvenile cham :p

I too was wondering this. Mine seem to be dying off rather quickly, although who knows how old they were when I bought them (they were/are adults). It seemed like I was able to hang on to the smaller ones longer. But I was also feeding anoles, not a bottom-less pit of a juvenile cham :p

You may be able to figure out how old they are by using the chart on
the Armstrong website.
They are nymphs until they shed and have wings.

In my case, where I live they last about 2 months if I get them when they
are really tiny.

They are also extremely stupid, they drown in a drop of water, or even something wet, like a piece of orange.
They eat each other as well.
I swear I believe they can overeat themselves to death as well!!

Esp when I get a new batch, I give them all kinds of goodies, next day, I see dozen or so very fat dead crickets!!

They seem to die for no reason.
I have had to sweep up dozens of dead ones from the bin and never could figure out how they died :confused:

How long would 1000 crickets last for a baby veiled chameleon?

1,000. I think that at the most he may go through 10-15 a day while they are small. at that rate they would go through their life cycle before he could eat them all and at some point they may get too big for him to safely eat. i bought them 250 at a time until my Male Nosy Be got about 6 months old then i added a Male Ambilobe so i amped up my orders to 500.

dont buy 1000 at a time you will lose money if u don't have the proper caging for them. you can also breed them as well.

Back
Top Bottom