how long can a cham go with out eating?????

Is this the one you're selling?

yes...the reason im selling her is because i have no job rite now and im kind of running up the light bill a little bit so i have to sadly let one cham go...i have 3 rite now including her...oh yeah and there is something wrong with my car and i need money to fix it:(:(:(...and im dead broke rite now...i really dont want to sell her but i really need the money so i have to let one go...why do you ask???she is good now i think ever since i switched up her diet to a variety instead of just crickets,and she started eating crickets again also...:):)

Sorry to hear about your woes. Hope the chameleon will be okay.

yeah shes okay shes ok and will be okay...i just hope she goes to a good home...sorry for the little story but thats whats going on rite now...so why do you ask?????????????there not woes "A" there just things thats need to be taken care of...

think i had this experience...

hi,

recently had this experience myself, where my female (7months) decided eating was not in her best interest. She was drinking however, and taking only hoppers, perhaps 10 a week (December to Jan). Shes now thankfully eating properly again which is good, but perhaps i can reveal some light on this....

Much research suggests that in the late winter/ early spring, many reptiles eat a significant amount less than usual (see publications such as animal behaviour). This is logical as wild populations in cooler periods would decrease and as such it may be a natural process where they don't eat as much during this time.

But, if not, perhaps increasing the temperature of the enclosure by maybe a couple of degrees if it is a little cool, as the cham may be trying to conserve heat more if this is the case.

This experience has been shown in not just chameleons, but also many other reptiles from similar latitudes and geographical regions, so hope this sheds some light on the situation for people if eggs are not the reason!

Back
Top Bottom