How it works to collect insects, sick and tired of this

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I am sick and tired of people expecting me to bang out insect orders in a day. If you want stick insects it takes me 24 hours to collect 25 sticks. Not to mention my business hours are now only Monday-Early Wednesday when I ship and that will be made apparent in every post I make for feeders. If you need something that week, I do NOT promise anything if I have already sent two packages that week OR if you ask late wednesday. It IS not my job to jump to you at the expense of my health. I am running a home business. I am a single person who collects insects at a time. The way I keep my insects makes collecting certain ones hard, but I keep them that way because it makes my colonies prosper all year round. Be prepared to wait right now. I cannot survive off my insect orders alone currently so I work 20 hours a week dog walking, which causes me severe pain, I would 20 hours doing insects care (plus 12 hours at least of collecting) and I work and extra 15 hours of making dog treats. The fact I offer the insects I do is because I love these animals as much as you do. It is not my job to make sure your animals have food until my shipment will arrive to you, that is your job. I understand that I am at fault if I am a week late. But if I originally said don't expect it until this time but I try to scramble something together for you don't EXPECT it. I am pissed that I seem to be not appreciated for the pain I put myself through, that I am treated like life doesn't hate me as well and decide oh well today you won't have a running car. So you guys are always welcome to raise your own feeder colonies. I give you the info.

Hey guys, we've all had bad days, sometimes a bunch in a row, and often times it just takes one customer complaint to send us over the edge. (Those who ever worked in the service industry know what I mean.) A rant like this can seem uncalled for, but try to have some understanding if you can. I bet a lot happened behind the scenes before this post.

So I am sick and tired of people expecting me to bang out insect orders in a day. If you want stick insects it takes me 24 hours to collect 25 sticks. Not to mention my business hours are now only Monday-Early Wednesday when I ship and that will be made apparent in every post I make for feeders. If you need something that week, I do NOT promise anything if I have already sent two packages that week OR if you ask late wednesday. It IS not my job to jump to you at the expense of my health. I am running a home business. I am a single person who collects insects at a time. The way I keep my insects makes collecting certain ones hard, but I keep them that way because it makes my colonies prosper all year round. Be prepared to wait right now. I cannot survive off my insect orders alone currently so I work 20 hours a week dog walking, which causes me severe pain, I would 20 hours doing insects care (plus 12 hours at least of collecting) and I work and extra 15 hours of making dog treats. The fact I offer the insects I do is because I love these animals as much as you do. It is not my job to make sure your animals have food until my shipment will arrive to you, that is your job. I understand that I am at fault if I am a week late. But if I originally said don't expect it until this time but I try to scramble something together for you don't EXPECT it. I am pissed that I seem to be not appreciated for the pain I put myself through, that I am treated like life doesn't hate me as well and decide oh well today you won't have a running car. So you guys are always welcome to raise your own feeder colonies. I give you the info.
I understand what you are feeling, and I guess, while some feel it was unnecessary, that you had to get the message out, because sometimes others should know what is going on, and you felt it was necessary. I'm praying for you, so that you can feel better, and get any help you need. :)

I want you all to remember, you always comment on how patient I am and calm when dealing with things, then when one vent/rant happens and I get straight out pissed after having dealt with this time after time and again, after setting strict limits for myself for my personal health.... well yeah... Anyway sorry... Sorry for upsetting anyone who this was or was not directed to... Once again I will retreat to the observing

Thanks for telling us how it works. Not sure you know how a home business works, blasting clients or potential clients on an open forum not the smartest move. Good luck...

I don't think it's unfair of me to want to feel appreciated. I don't and it's why I no longer post on the forums at all except when I am tagged, I have new fun things to share on my end, or am selling. That's it. I think every human craves to feel appreciated and when people act self-entitled whether they are customers or not, I view that as under appreciating the person who is feeding your reptiles. Literally I am working on creating such a large variety of feeders because it's what people keep asking for. But I view this as something that obviously isn't what people want anymore.

I don't think Andee meant to blast the entire forum. It seems directed at potential buyers that might have urgent expectations. It's true we have bad days though, I've had mine. Andee Has always helped me any chance she could. I know she's a good person to buy feeders from. I wouldn't let people get to you though..

set your rules/guarantees in your ordering info. If anyone has a problem with it, they don't have to purchase. Simple as that

I am sorry guys, I should have waited a couple days to say this with more tact. This day... has been... one bad thing after the other multiple times. Mixed with the odd awesome thing. My emotions are all over the place. But this really needed to be addressed. I have several people I know in the feeder supplier world who also have the exact same problem when supplying to reptile keepers. It wears on us and especially me immensely. I try my best to stay amicable but sometimes... I just can't. And I think it's important to remember we are all human and we should all be treated as such. I am going to take a step back, have been trying to get more active slowly. But gonna step back for a couple weeks and reevaluate some of my terms and conditions for the feeders. But also just cause I know this is going to take some control to get it over with. Such an explosion of emotion so quickly this time .___. Ignore the status message. Not leaving, just won't be fixing it right now. However I have most of my alerts turned off for a bit except replies and pms, and though I will do the usual check in everyday, I just will be a lurker for a bit. ^^ thanks everyone for just listening to my whining. Sometimes I just need to get it out or else it gets worse and I would rather not take it out on individuals who need help when they come to me. <3 I love you guys, I am sorry I freaked.

I am sorry guys, I should have waited a couple days to say this with more tact. This day... has been... one bad thing after the other multiple times. Mixed with the odd awesome thing. My emotions are all over the place. But this really needed to be addressed. I have several people I know in the feeder supplier world who also have the exact same problem when supplying to reptile keepers. It wears on us and especially me immensely. I try my best to stay amicable but sometimes... I just can't. And I think it's important to remember we are all human and we should all be treated as such. I am going to take a step back, have been trying to get more active slowly. But gonna step back for a couple weeks and reevaluate some of my terms and conditions for the feeders. But also just cause I know this is going to take some control to get it over with. Such an explosion of emotion so quickly this time .___. Ignore the status message. Not leaving, just won't be fixing it right now. However I have most of my alerts turned off for a bit except replies and pms, and though I will do the usual check in everyday, I just will be a lurker for a bit. ^^ thanks everyone for just listening to my whining. Sometimes I just need to get it out or else it gets worse and I would rather not take it out on individuals who need help when they come to me. <3 I love you guys, I am sorry I freaked.
Sometimes it feels good to release what is boiling inside. :)

Back
Top Bottom