How is Lennon looking?

supermrchameleon

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Lennon is a male, veiled. About six months old. Ive had him for about six weeks.
Handling - I have been a little more lately just to make sure there is nothing physical out of place. But other than that, I only really handle him every third day and only if he'll come out on my hand with out prompting.
Feeding - I am trying to feed him mainly crickets that are dusted with a calcium/miner-all mix. I also feed butterworms and silk worms. All are gut loaded with apples, oranges, carrots and potatoes. I recently switched up his feeding amount. I try about 6 crickets a day and more if he eats them all and maybe one silky. Butterworms every so often.
Supplements - Miner-all and a calcium powder.
Watering - I have a little dripper but I mist two or three times a day. I do see him drinking and he'll often drink straight from my sprayer.
Fecal Description - Normal. Creamy urates and dark brown poo. Not too hard, not too soft.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?No but Im considering it.
History - Bought him from a breder at an expo. Breeder had little kids who liked to play with the chams.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. I think it is 2x2x4
Lighting - I use a 75 watt red light for basking and a 5.0 UV light. I try to aim for 12 hours of light but I work late sometimes and am not able to turn them off. Considering a timer.
Temperature - About 80 degrees in the hottest area. At night I turn off all light but the house temp doesnt drop below 60.
Humidity - I really have no way of accuratley measuring this right now but I mist often and it seems humid enough. He just started shedding and it seems like its not going to be a difficult shed. Good sign?
Plants - I have a whole bunch of fake ivy, a fake vine, a couple wooden sticks and some sort of plant I got at an expo. Its non toxic but I dont know the name.
Placement - Its located in the office. An area where I mainly only go into to take care of him and the turtle as well as paint. I dont use any strong fumed paints so its all good there. It is near a window but it always stays closed with the blinds down because they are broken. He is on a desk, about 3.5 feet off the floor.
Location - Eugene, Oregon USA

Current Problem - He has a pretty lame appetite nicley put. Only eats a few crickets a day. I was going to take him to the vet but then he started eating more but... not much... so Im a little concerned.

However, he looks healthy and has grown. He is starting the first shed I have ever seen him do.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

As chameleons get older, they eat less often. Usually around 8-10 crickets every other day I believe? Possibly more depending on how large your cham is.

He looks good to me..and you should definitely get a timer. They are really cheap at walmart and are sooooo nice for the lights!

He looks like he's doing good but his owner needs to focus his camera a little better, might want to see a vet. :D

He looks like he's doing good but his owner needs to focus his camera a little better, might want to see a vet. :D
Haha I tried but I got a shit camera for christmas. Its better then nothing though. My boyfriend and I will probably be taking some more soon to enter into the photo contest. He has a much nicer camera. Ill post them here when we do so.

I think if you mix up his feeders a little it might spur his appetite. Try giving him roaches, or hornworms, or flies. When it gets a little warmer give him some outside sun you will be suprised how it energizes them. Their is no substitute for real uv. But he looks very healthy and has nice coloration. You can try giving him a shower the steam and humidity will really help him with his shed. Just make sure you do it well before bedtime so he can fully dry.

Back
Top Bottom