How hard is it to keep up two males chams?

Sugybooks

Debating maybe getting a 2nd male chameleon from Flchams, already have Spike bloodline but really want a male driskel bloodline cham too! My cham is thriving, so figured why not. I know they cant see each other I figured maybe I could put the other cham somewhere else or maybe but the cages up together with something in between. What you guys think? (And maybe I can train this 2nd chameleon to be nice haha)

This is greedo

Attachments

• 20180102_102350.jpg
    20180102_102350.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 94
I have larger keeper dragon strand cages so they are approx 2x2x4. I got some 4x6 tarps and wrapped the side of the cages. It has worked well to keep them from bothering each other. Plus it can get wet, doesn't mold, and helps with humidity. Kind of a cheap way to keep them isolated. You already have your food supplies coming and an understanding of lighting if Greedo is thriving. I didn't find a second (been awhile since Ihad just one though) to be harder when I already had the supplies for one. Repashy already on hand, cricket housing already on hand, dusting supplies etc. The reptisun bulbs come in 4 foot sizes so I use those across the top of two cages.

I have been told that many males are ok seeing each other across the room. A breeder out of Baltimore said she has had one male that was bothered by seeing another across the room and I think she said he eventually got over it. I personally would keep them next to each other with a visual barrier to make it easier to share a mister and possible to share a bulb. Using a tarp like Colorific said, would also help with increase humidity. You could probably also find some plastic at a decent price and cut it to fit if you want it to look nicer.

Back
Top Bottom