How does Zkittlez look?

I have never seen anything like this before, I talked to Jonathan so hopefully he will comment.
Thank you guys. It happened in a matter of minutes, it wasn’t there then suddenly it was, and it’s been there since yesterday afternoon. Same spot, same brightness. I’ve been misting 4/5 times throughout the day again. The humidity doesn’t stay right unless I do it that frequently. I also purchased a cold air humidifier that I can run for a few hours at night in the living room where is enclosure is. His eyes don’t look as sunken today, and he has been more active. Even got puffy on me like he used too! Hopefully this is a good sign moving forward. Just would love to know if anyone else has ever seen a color splash like this that lasts. Thank you everyone

Thank you guys. It happened in a matter of minutes, it wasn’t there then suddenly it was, and it’s been there since yesterday afternoon. Same spot, same brightness. I’ve been misting 4/5 times throughout the day again. The humidity doesn’t stay right unless I do it that frequently. I also purchased a cold air humidifier that I can run for a few hours at night in the living room where is enclosure is. His eyes don’t look as sunken today, and he has been more active. Even got puffy on me like he used too! Hopefully this is a good sign moving forward. Just would love to know if anyone else has ever seen a color splash like this that lasts. Thank you everyone
Don't mist too much during the day, you want to give your enclosure a drying out period with humidity around 40-50 % in the afternoon.

Don't mist too much during the day, you want to give your enclosure a drying out period with humidity around 40-50 % in the afternoon.
My place being so small, it dries out very quickly. I unfortunately have fake plants in his enclosure, which I have ordered real ones that are coming this week. they do not retain moisture. They are not wax covered, and I monitor them very closely and there has been zero consumption of them over the past year. That is not an issue. But because of this, it dries out very quickly, so I have to mist 4-5 times a day to maintain humidity. My home is less than 400 sq feet, think tiny home w high ceilings. And is coastal, so anytime the heater goes on, the house dries out. I’ve stopped turning on heater at night to allow to achieve low mid 60s at night, but in the daytime, when it’s windy and cold outside, the heat must go on, and this leads to a dry environment. So I do my 4-5 mistings, last one before lights go out. I am curious to the cold humidifier, should I run in in the living room at night near his cage? I even have a small one that goes in a water bottle that runs for 4 hours or 8 hours, I could place the bottle at bottom inside enclosure? And again, getting real plants asap. Still no comments on his color splash. It’s very strange that it’s still there. Thank you all for continuing conversation, I am listening! ❤️

My place being so small, it dries out very quickly. I unfortunately have fake plants in his enclosure, which I have ordered real ones that are coming this week. they do not retain moisture. They are not wax covered, and I monitor them very closely and there has been zero consumption of them over the past year. That is not an issue. But because of this, it dries out very quickly, so I have to mist 4-5 times a day to maintain humidity. My home is less than 400 sq feet, think tiny home w high ceilings. And is coastal, so anytime the heater goes on, the house dries out. I’ve stopped turning on heater at night to allow to achieve low mid 60s at night, but in the daytime, when it’s windy and cold outside, the heat must go on, and this leads to a dry environment. So I do my 4-5 mistings, last one before lights go out. I am curious to the cold humidifier, should I run in in the living room at night near his cage? I even have a small one that goes in a water bottle that runs for 4 hours or 8 hours, I could place the bottle at bottom inside enclosure? And again, getting real plants asap. Still no comments on his color splash. It’s very strange that it’s still there. Thank you all for continuing conversation, I am listening! ❤️
The cool mist humidifier blowing into the enclosure at night would be recommend. Rig up tubing or pvc pipe and fog from the to.

Attachments

• 20220414_154036.jpg
    20220414_154036.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 58
The cool mist humidifier blowing into the enclosure at night would be recommend. Rig up tubing or pvc pipe and fog from the to.
Perfect! I will get to work on that, in the meantime, I will keep the humidifier elevated so that the fog reaches the enclosure. And is 4-6 hours a good amount of time for it to be on? Thank you Steve, you’re the best

Perfect! I will get to work on that, in the meantime, I will keep the humidifier elevated so that the fog reaches the enclosure. And is 4-6 hours a good amount of time for it to be on? Thank you Steve, you’re the best
20B76A35-B185-41B4-BC16-6F1C3B9EE673.jpeg

This is totally giving great cool mist inside the enclosure for now. Will just use it at night, take out in the morning until I get the pvc going. ❤️

Absolutely! I am still learning too, I haven't even gotten my boy Groot yet i am still getting ready for him. but we are all here to help each other. I love it here everyone has been so kind and helpful, you will learn a lot. Just do a lot of exploring and read read read. Glad your here. 🙃

Absolutely! I am still learning too, I haven't even gotten my boy Groot yet i am still getting ready for him. but we are all here to help each other. I love it here everyone has been so kind and helpful, you will learn a lot. Just do a lot of exploring and read read read. Glad your here. 🙃
I am fairly new here myself but a admin in The Chameleon Enthusiast and Jacksons Chameleon Community. Here's some great reading that you might find useful ...
https://chameleonacademy.com/

I am fairly new here myself but a admin in The Chameleon Enthusiast and Jacksons Chameleon Community. Here's some great reading that you might find useful ...
https://chameleonacademy.com/
I have been all through there a few times and watched a lot of bills you tube videos lol I just can't seem to get enough. I'm already thinking I want a meller cham next and I haven't even received my first one yet lol

To help retain humidity, you could wrap the sides and back of your enclosure with plastic. Some just hang a shower curtain or apply the shrink to fit window insulation film. Just make sure if there’s any tape that it’s kept on the outside. Live plants will greatly increase humidity too. Panthers don’t eat their plants (it’s the veileds that do that) but they do sometimes lick them. The ideal daytime humidity for panthers is between 50-70%. I keep my veileds and panthers in the same small room and have had to compromise with humidity in the 40’s. My panthers seem to have no problems with that.
This is an awesome community. Once you’re here, you’re chamily. 😂🥰

He’s really not doing any better or worse. Appetite still good. He still looks ashy and dull. Not like shedding, but I could be wrong. I’ve read some owners found like 2 months of ashy before they would shed! The color patch on his back is STILL there. Haven’t had anyone be able to offer any ideas there.

Well a healthy appetite goes a long way. Gut load the bugs with some nutrient rich foods and if possible or your weather allows you to get the chameleon some natural light and maybe the sunlight will help re invigorate. Glad to hear that things haven't gotten worse.

Back
Top Bottom