How does this look for my adult panthers set up?

Xyres

GCReAQn.jpg

How does this look for my set up? My main concern is the hanging plant and just making sure that while having it hanging like that he won't fall or it won't be a hazard to him. The location is just until I move his old cage and the only other thing I need to know is if it all looks safe. I screwed everything into place and used zap straps to secure the top of the plant, wood near the screws and any wood pieces that were crossing each other. Any advice would be great! First time setting up an adult cage haha.

He/she needs a basking spot with a heat lamp near the top. Basking temps should be in the upper 80's, low 90's. I would also add more foliage for cover, so he/she can escape the heat, and feel secure from sight.

Otherwise it looks great!

You'll want to fill it in quite a bit more, so he is more comfortable and has more options for climbing and hiding. You could, for example, fit a nice tall ficus or umbrella plant in that back right corner and add more branches horizontally. You want it to look like a little slice of forest, so don't be afraid of packing in a lot more stuff :)

Thanks everyone! Also I planned for the upper branches to be the basking spot, should I be doing something different? Also the other thing I picked up was add more! I plan to but right now I am just trying to keep the one umbrella I have alive haha. I am hoping how it does will change when I get my UV bulb over it. Any other advice?

Woah, what a rip off! No, I don't think any of us want you to bite that either! lol But I've been able to find 3-4' ones at local nurseries for about $15. And if I can't find any that are very tall I will get a plant stand as well, and this will raise up the plant. Chameleons love hanging out around the top of the cage anyway, so I focus on getting the top 3/4 of the cage full, and worry less about the bottom.

Woah, what a rip off! No, I don't think any of us want you to bite that either! lol But I've been able to find 3-4' ones at local nurseries for about $15. And if I can't find any that are very tall I will get a plant stand as well, and this will raise up the plant. Chameleons love hanging out around the top of the cage anyway, so I focus on getting the top 3/4 of the cage full, and worry less about the bottom.

Hrmm ok. I will need to check more places tomorrow when I buy my plastic fence for the side of the cage. :)
Good to know it was wise to pass on the almost $200 ficus LOL

I plan to but right now I am just trying to keep the one umbrella I have alive haha.

I am with you on that, my umbrella plants die to easily.
I get my plants from lowes, for some reason the home depot by me have more expensive plants.

Not sure if you still need a suggestion but this is what I'm doing. Buy a 3 foot or so ficus and place an upside down plant pot under it to raise it up. I have 2 umbrellas 2 ficus and a croton I did that to and it works perfectly.

If you want to hang a plant I would suggest putting a 2x4 across the top of the cage, and hanging the plant from that. That way, instead of the plant weighing down across one area of the terrarium, it is distributed. :)

Back
Top Bottom