How does this free range look?

zanethan

Hey everyone,
I'm new the chameleons but I'm trying to get the best setup possible. I wasn't going to free range but after reading so many positive things about it I decided to give it a shot. Here is what I ended up with. Let me know what you guys think. There is a 65 watt halogen flood light at the basking spot and a compact fluorescent UVB bulb above the dracenea tree. I have the automatic misters set to mist for 40 seconds every hour. Any advice/input is welcome!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368395233.543968.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368395252.700545.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368395272.331614.jpg

I would set the auto misting to 30 secs every 2-4 hours depending on how fast it dries up. You want to make sure his area stays dry most of the time with a RH% of 50-60%, during misting the RH% can reach much higher. Lot's of mist in the air can cause URI problems. Quote from doctor o(VET) "Think of sitting in a sauna like room, after a while it becomes uncomfortable to breath" So kind of the same concept. This would be for a panther cham, I don't see what kind of cham you have :)

I had it at 30 sec for every 2 hours but thought it wouldn't be humid enough for the free range. I'll change it back right now. And she's a female veiled named Coco.

I don't know anything about a veiled except they need a much higher humidity. Some one else will comment and help you out :)

You will need to have a dripper or have your mister go for like 3 minutes. She will not be able to get enough to drink in 40 seconds. Is the free range in a safe area? Do you have any other pets?

Nope no other pets other than a fish tank and that has a cover on it. She's in my room and there isn't anything she could get into up there. So mist every 2 hours for 3 minutes until I get a dripper?

Nope no other pets other than a fish tank and that has a cover on it. She's in my room and there isn't anything she could get into up there. So mist every 2 hours for 3 minutes until I get a dripper?

I'd say 3 minutes 2 or three times a day would be plenty. I only mist twice a day. When you get a dripper you can have a pan or bucket to catch the drip water as long as you have a tight fitting screen over the bucket so she can't get in and drown. What are you doing now for drainage?

Make sure there's no opening at all on the top of the fish tank. They can get in a tiny hole.

I'd say 3 minutes 2 or three times a day would be plenty. I only mist twice a day. When you get a dripper you can have a pan or bucket to catch the drip water as long as you have a tight fitting screen over the bucket so she can't get in and drown. What are you doing now for drainage?

Make sure there's no opening at all on the top of the fish tank. They can get in a tiny hole.

Right now the water collects in a tub and then drains via a tube to a gallon water jug that I empty daily.

Back
Top Bottom