How do your significant others like you chams?

I never though of myself as a reptile lover until one day at work a baby veiled came in and walked on my finger, I was done for. Convincing my boyfriend was a whole other story. We only have one other pet, the least pets of any pet lover I know! Luckily I ran across a free terrarium and found the cute little pygmy cham, who could say no to something so little? I of course take soul care of him but BF will mist him if I ask him, but forget the bugs, they gross him out. With time I think I will turn him into a herp lover and maybe I can get more :D

Last edited:
My first cham was actually a valentine present from me to my bf. That's what he wanted, so that's what he got. I bought it knowing very well that it would end up being mine. ;)
He likes the chams but not to the extent that I do. I have become a cham freak, as he would say. He wouldn't say this because I have gotten 4 since February, but because I leave him list of when to mist and stuff like that. I worry about them all the time. But, he loves me & supports my hobby because it's what makes me happy. He knows....if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!:D
My kids on the other hand, they think they're cool. I have a problem with my little girl though, she's 7, and it really bothers her because she can't hold them. I have other reptiles too, but none of them are the hands on type. There might be a beardie in her future.;)

My ex-husband was wildly jealous of any attention I gave to anything, including pets, job, family, etc. But that's okay, I got all the pets in the divorce, and he got a prison cell. :cool:

Loving my critters is a prerequisite for the guys I date. My big macaw is particularly choosey about my dates, and promptly nicknamed one guy "Bad Bird," greeting him with "Hi Bad Bird!" every time he came over (actually, she turned out to be right.....:rolleyes:). She likes the current guy, as do the rest of the gang, though I hardly have any time to spend with the poor man due to my work and school schedule. Still, he likes my "jungle" (new cham included!) so he's good people in my book! :)

Back
Top Bottom