how do you think my veiled is looking?

foxymiche

hi all,
Ive had my veiled for 2 months now and was wondering how you thought he is looking.

Here he is when I got him:

Yemen_Baby_by_AlisonMaskell.jpg

He is 4 1/2 months old now.

And here he is today:

CRIM0171.jpg

CRIM0175.jpg

What do you reckon? I think he is colouring up nicely. Love him to bits :D

oh good, i was worried he might be getting porky. I feed him twice a day and he gets 6 large brown crickets and 2 wax worms each feed, all the crickets are dusted with nutrobol. do you think this is too much?

hes lookin realy nice :D im not sure if you are using a calcium supplement to dust your crix with but nutrobal is a vitamin supplement and contains D3 so im not sure if u want to be using that everyday, i think you shud be only using that once a month or something.

or rite, the guy in the shop sed once a week but someone else told me everyday, so confusing. nutrabol pot says it contains calcium, im confused!

I'm not sure about feeding for juvi's, but aren't wax worms very high in fat content? Should they be fed everyday? I was under the impression that they should be used as a weekly treat. Someone else chime in on this please :)

I'm not sure about feeding for juvi's, but aren't wax worms very high in fat content? Should they be fed everyday? I was under the impression that they should be used as a weekly treat. Someone else chime in on this please :)

Growing young might tolerate more fat than adults, but I also think two wax worms a day is way too much. Cut to one treat a week. Add some other feeder instead, in addition to the crickets. options include: silkworms, superworms, roaches etc Calcium dust some of the crickets every day. anything containing D3 should NOT be everyday.

foxymiche the nutrobal is used as a vitamin supplement not a calcium supplement, you need to get a pure calcium supplement i use something called calypso that i dust with 5 days a week then i dust with a vitamin supplement without D3 at weekends, then one weekend per month ill use nutrabol as it has D3 . im still learning but from what ive read and some1 correct me if im wrong if the reptile has too much D3 it will stop the absorbtion of calcium into the system, so you only want to use it every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom