How do you safely transport to vet?

Coheed

My female Jackson's isn't acting herself lately (see post "Does my jackson's have MBD?) So Im taking her to the vet, What is the safest and least stressful way to transport a Cham? I know Ive been posting a lot of questions I don't mean to be an annoyance to the community. Im just trying to gain experience so I can eventually contribute more to the forum. I don't feel qualified to offer my opinion on any posts yet since this is my first Cham. Thank you!

I have had both my adult Veiled and my 4 month old Panther to the vet recently.

I use one of the keeper tanks that my feeders live in, which is about the size of a large goldfish bowl, but oval in shape, with a lid etc.

I put an old towel on the bottom of the tank, with some paper towels on top of that and a couple of sticks placed diagonally to each other so that my chams have something to climb on, but not such a high gradient that they could fall off.

I then put the tank into a large, hessian shopping bag with firm sides, which keeps too much daylight and other sights out to avoid stress.

Both my boys have come back from a 2 hour round trip vet visit in this way without any problems.

I have had both my adult Veiled and my 4 month old Panther to the vet recently.

I use one of the keeper tanks that my feeders live in, which is about the size of a large goldfish bowl, but oval in shape, with a lid etc.

I put an old towel on the bottom of the tank, with some paper towels on top of that and a couple of sticks placed diagonally to each other so that my chams have something to climb on, but not such a high gradient that they could fall off.

I then put the tank into a large, hessian shopping bag with firm sides, which keeps too much daylight and other sights out to avoid stress.

Both my boys have come back from a 2 hour round trip vet visit in this way without any problems.

Thank you so much for your answer! This sounds like a good method, Ill give it a try.

My method is different.
I use a fairly large box and thread a long, bendable, fake vine through the sides to act as both a perch and as handles.
Masking tape holds the top closed and reseals the box easily.

I've also replied to your other "MBD" post.

My method is different.
I use a fairly large box and thread a long, bendable, fake vine through the sides to act as both a perch and as handles.
Masking tape holds the top closed and reseals the box easily.

I've also replied to your other "MBD" post.
Thank you for your answer! the more successful methods commented the better as everyones situation varies. Checking the MBD post now

I just use a shoebox with some holes in the side and some of his leafy vines in there. I think the darkness helps because when it gets dark he goes right to sleep rather than being scared for the whole car ride. Probably... Last time I took him to the vet he didn't seem at all scared using that technique.

I use a small, disposable styrofoam cooler with a microfiber towel on the bottom. It works well, and was cheap.

Back
Top Bottom