How do you properly inbox crickets?

Pensfan7125

So I've been ordering my crickets from Ghann's cricket farm. When I get them to my house, it seems impossible to inbox them without them going everywhere. Any advice on ho to unpackaged them in a neat, efficient way?

I put the entire box into a large plastic garbage bag, shake off the crickets from the egg crates, and then shake the box out into the bag.

Then i squeeze the opening of the bag down to about 4 inches, and shake the crickets to the 4 inch opening, and let them fall into the bottom of my EMPTY cricket container. Ghann's ships crickets that don't have a lot of cricket crap, but if you don't want it in your cricket container, dump the last of the bag into another tall container and pick out the last crickets.

The reason I dump them into an empty container is that they will be jumping due to the fact they are being disturbed, so by not having egg crates, toilet paper rolls, etc, they must jump higher to reach the edge.

BTW, the Ghann's banded crickets seem to me to stink less, but boy can they JUMP!:D

you can do them in the bathtub . The ones that get loose cannot crawl up the sides. I usually do mine outside cause it is warm here and if I lose a few in the process then I don't care. The little yard lizards eat them up! I just keep shaking the box till it empties into my cricket bin.

Someone on here have me great advice on the subject. Put entire box of crix unopened in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes. They kind of go in to hibernation for a short period of time

Putting them in the fridge totally works! I tried shaking them carefully, and also the bathtub method, but the fridge works the best! :D

Well, I do it outside (just in case) and my bin is big enough that I can usually put the whole box below the top edge before I start to shake.

Back
Top Bottom