How do you pick names

Mine cham is a jackson that looks just like a leaf in the fall so i named her leaf the name suits her very well.

just got a baby boy veiled. for some reason i just started calling him RAMBO and my husband loved it. so i guess we have his name. and to the person on this thread with 2 girls with no names what about prada and gucci. u can have REAL high fashion reptile skin. lol

One of my roommates and I were shooting out potential names when she said Moe. It clicked so Moe it is. We kind of made it a shorten name of Maurice I guess because every once in a while when he is misbehaving I call him Maurice. However, 90% of the time it's Moe and it's easy for my roommates three year old to say.

My first chameleon, a veiled, was names Ling-Ling after a livelavalive (youtube) video. Ling-Ling was Leon's "clubbing name" in the video :rolleyes:

When I got my little panther I was working on an essay in which I used some references from Julian Huxley, the son of one of Darwin's contemporaries. So my panther is named Huxley.

I haven't thought of names for my 3 pygs yet... or my new Jackson's. I was thinking about calling the jackson's Max and Peach, for no particular reason.

I just pick the first name that comes to mind, usually. Most of the time my animals get "people names", even the fish (Carl is an anglefish and Kelly is a discus). Or just weird words... like Poncho the discus.

hi,
heres a list of my favourite names for chams

katy
leonard
leopold
norman
gloopy
zooby dooby moo
micheal
maggie
zooba
gulp
david
kirp
joey
joland
ergo
stevy
blooby
flower
fluffs
jack
lee
geremy
bingo
flash
dash
massey
herb
hypo
oby
raymond
harold
frydo
friday
thursday
jebus
macorony
ron
merie
santa
dopey
minney
deebo
jono
emmm
heart
lime

sorry its so long

longtongue

Zelig & Zaphod
Zelig, is the name of one of my favorite movies, it is a mockumentary about a man who would change his personality & appearance to match who he was hanging out with, and became famous as the press dubbed him the Human Chameleon. It's a hilarious movie. So I just had to have a chameleon named that.
Zaphod is the name of a crazy character from my all-time favorite book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I imagine I will end up pulling lots of names from HHGG. A quad will be great sporting the name Slartibartfast. ;)

Anyways, The "Z" names seemed to go together well too.

If/when I get them mates, it will be those character's girlfriends names - Eudora for Zelig, and Trillian for Zaphod. :)

As for my first chameleon, my husband said that the boys got to name this newest pet (since my daughter had unfortunately given our latest (MALE) kitten the name "Mipsy" and we all hate saying it. Lol.)
So the husband was trying to think of the name of the iguana from the Simpsons, but instead of coming up with JubbJubb, he said BubbRubb (the "whistle goes woo-woo!" guy from YouTube that our favourite radio program always plays drops from) and we thought it was a funny name & fun to say so it stuck. Unfortunately little BubbRubb didn't make it that long, but anytime anyone says "woo" I will think of him. :)

I picked Incognito because they blend in (duh) But then was trying to think of something shorter.. Nito! Then after playing over the name in my head I kept saying Nito, Incognito! and came up with a Bond, James Bond theme . . hence his bond girl Solitaire! Thier cage is headquarters ;)

... NEAT-O... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

My female panther went a week with out a name. the she was dangling by her tail one day and of course I felt i had to rescue her. while rescuing her I kept telling her hey hey boo boo how's a about a picnic basket. after the rescue.. her and I went to the food drawers witch consist of meal worms, super worms, wax worms, roaches and crickets and other insects. I made her a picnic basket.

I suppose when I get a male panter he will have to be yogi.

our veil still has no name. I call him jerk! or A hole. my wife calls him sexy! maybe he could be a sexy jerk or a sexy A hole. hmmm!

my veiled is Camo Leon as in chameleon LOL and my panther is Gizmo after the gremlins movie.

Back
Top Bottom