How do you pick names

I'm gonna start naming future animals after Hindu gods. You hear a lot about Greek gods, not much about Hindu. I named my crested gecko Ketu (Keh-too) which represents a lunar node or shadowy planet since cresteds are nocturnal. And I like the way they sound.

I dont have my guy yet, but I have decided to go with famous artist names since they are referred to as "living art". My first cham will be named:
Claude M. de Chameleon (said with a french accent of course)...I will just call him Claude, I though Monet sounded too girlie! :)

So far, I've named all my chams based on what kind of cham they are. My quads are Qadir, Cornelius, Corinna, and Drika, my montium is Trixie after Trioceros, and my Pfeffer's is named Pfred.

Well, my upcoming cham was at first to be named AJ which are the initials of mine and my girl's name, but then decided to go with Tyson because I just love that name for some odd reason. :D

i go for weird interesting uncommon names based on mixing other names together or starting from the basics...

my ambilobe is named Zulu:p

My pyg looked like a grumpy old man so I had to choose a grumpy old man name. Since I am saving the name Walter for my next dog (a pug), the only other name I could think of was Norman. :D

Steve Jobs, because it just seemed so...right.

My first veiled was named Beyonce because when she got cranky she could be Sasha Fierce.

Clyde- we had a Bonnie but she passed away not long after we got her.
Chamille- I thought the name flowed (Chamille the Chameleon).
Cash- We named him Cash because we spend a lot of it on him! We like the "C" names.

I have, everybody but 2 people said they were both females which is the story of my life! Wanted a son got two daughters :)

I know the feeling all too well for my 13th birthday i wanted a panther, not beeing able to find a large colorful male locally, i went for a baby..i got a female..i was soo bummed, but still loved her (scooby)..just consider it a good start to a breeding project..

I know the feeling all too well for my 13th birthday i wanted a panther, not beeing able to find a large colorful male locally, i went for a baby..i got a female..i was soo bummed, but still loved her (scooby)..just consider it a good start to a breeding project..

I know I fell in love with them before i brought them home :) someone at the place i got them offered to trade me for a male but I couldnt do it! they are mine now no matter what they are!! I will look for a male in about a year after my wedding since mine will be old enough to breed then and I will getting a older one so it will not be cheap (unless I get someone that deff knows what they are doing and I can get a young male)! But I WILL own a male!!!

I was wondering, how other forum members pick names for their chameleons?

Mine I pick videogame characters and 80s pop culture.

Panthers : Link and Peach (Princess Peach)
Veileds : Karma Chameleon and Ganon
Bearded Pygmies: Popo and Nana (aka. The Ice Climbers)

I have also nicknamed my Dubia colony Zerg Base(Zerg Rush FTW, Starcraft Reference for those who haven't played)

My Nosy Mitsios: Link and Zelda.
I was going to go the video game/anime route as well but that didn't happen. Zelda was my first cham and I knew I was going to be getting a male later on. Since Nosy Mitsios are green/yellowish and Link wears green I chose Link and Zelda for the name before I even had a pair. (Green and yellow are my favorite colors and that's why I went with Nosy Mitsios instead of the Ambilobe or Nosy Be).

My Fischers: Pinochio and Lady.
Fischers have a weird looking nose/horn on them and Pinochio was the first name that came up. I should have named them Vivi and Freya. Oh well.

Mellers: Hercules (that's what my vet knows him as) but he really goes by Bochock
Hercules becuase he's big and has a strong grip.

My snakes are a completey different story. I name them something similar to what they are.
Kenyan Sand Boa: Gaara, Temari and Naruto
Saharan Sand Boa: Lance (Lancelot)
Lesser Ball Phyton: Leslie
Ghost Ball Phyton: Casper and Wendy
Pastel Ball Python: Baldwin
Spider Ball Python: Spidey and Shiva
Mojave Ball Python: Mokichi, Molly and Lucky
Blood Python: Medusa
Corn Snake: Corny (given to me by my friend)

My veiled female was named icarus (because i thought it was a boy!)

and my boy ambilobe is named felix ! (dunno, i liked it lol)

My boy is named after my favorite Uncle Henry.

In the 70's he used to wear all those big collared polyester, multi colored, need sunglasses to stop the glare, right out there shirts so his name came to mind and reminded me of him when my boy started to color up :)

Squishy.... Lol... I name ALL my reptiles Squishy... It's easier to remember that way- and I yell once- and I'm yelling at all the pets at once!!

Right now I have Squishy the chameleon snd squishy the python... My dog (who died 6 weeks ago) ( his name was 14Guage) (coolest yorkie ever- sported a mohawk his whole life)well he was named before the "squishy" thing started, but now considering my next puppy ... He might be Squishy the dog!!

Yes it's a direct reference from Finding Nemo... I'm a big Ellen fan... I Even have her portrait tattooed on my arm!!

Squishy.... Lol... I name ALL my reptiles Squishy... It's easier to remember that way- and I yell once- and I'm yelling at all the pets at once!!

Right now I have Squishy the chameleon snd squishy the python... My dog (who died 6 weeks ago) ( his name was 14Guage) (coolest yorkie ever- sported a mohawk his whole life)well he was named before the "squishy" thing started, but now considering my next puppy ... He might be Squishy the dog!!

Yes it's a direct reference from Finding Nemo... I'm a big Ellen fan... I Even have her portrait tattooed on my arm!!

haha right on..ya all the cats ive had have been named mew..easier that way..sorry to hear about 14gauge...i like the name!!

I named mine Kal-El. I wanted him to have a super hero type of name. Superman didnt seem to fit. But Supermans birth name did :)

Does anyone watch Californication?? I'm thinking about naming my little guy Hank Moody! haha He's supposed to arrive Tuesday morning! cross your fingers! we've had to delay his shipment numerous times already, due to crazy Northern Michigan weather.. :(

Back
Top Bottom