How do you pick names

Maurer3D

I was wondering, how other forum members pick names for their chameleons?

Mine I pick videogame characters and 80s pop culture.

Panthers : Link and Peach (Princess Peach)
Veileds : Karma Chameleon and Ganon
Bearded Pygmies: Popo and Nana (aka. The Ice Climbers)

I have also nicknamed my Dubia colony Zerg Base(Zerg Rush FTW, Starcraft Reference for those who haven't played)

You wouldn't believe how I came to the name 'Simba'.

Here goes... I was having a name conversation with my hubby and I said I'd like something associated with Africa as Madagascar is an island off of the coast of as you know.

So he, jokingly said, like a lion??? So, thinking of lions, and obviously this came from the Lion King, it just popped into my head. I said, what about Simba..?

And there we have it :)

Strange but true LOL

It goes without saying what his girlfriend will be called :D

im not that imaginative, i was either going with sledge, which was recommended by another forum member or just "Hey you" like i do with my nephew.

ive had oracle, maximus, irie, zion, hashimoto,ect ect.. gixxer is my newest..named after my suzuki "gsxr" gixxer motorcycle..lol

i chose Oryon because i like the song ORION from metallica even thought its spelled different the Oryon is more chamish..the two O's are like the eyes ahahahahaha....

I've tried asking forum members. I'm bad at naming and my chams go for months without names. lol. I've been picking names from movies lately.

it was debated for more than a week before coming up with a name both my husband and i agreed on. we named him dante as he is going to have some awsome orange on him , reminds me of lava, i watched the move dantes peak awhile ago. and there is dantes inferno also.

My big chams have an "Arrested Development" theme going: Oscar, Buster, George, and Maeby. But my pygs have their own scheme of really big names to compliment their tiny little size: Tiberius and Octavia. :)

I picked Incognito because they blend in (duh) But then was trying to think of something shorter.. Nito! Then after playing over the name in my head I kept saying Nito, Incognito! and came up with a Bond, James Bond theme . . hence his bond girl Solitaire! Thier cage is headquarters ;)

OK here goes lol

Othello: (this hopefully doesn't sound racist or anything) I wanted an African name since he's a Jackson's, and after a lot of looking up names I wasn't finding anything that clicked. And by chance I saw Othello the movie version on TV one night and I was like YES. lol It's my favorite Shakespeare play and seemed like I was at least in the general area for the idea I wanted for him.

Cerberus: Took me forever to pick his name. I was in developmental biology class when my teacher started talking about two headed animals, and referenced this Greek monster. It just clicked for me.

Cobalt: Love the color and like the sound of the word.

Daedalus: Love the feel of the name. Also goes with a little bit of the Greek theme I like.

Charlotte: Favorite character from Sex and the City lol Seems like an elegant girl's name and she's my little lady.

Nautilus: Also took me forever to come up with. I was between Nemo (thinking about Captain Nemo) and another name, and just thinking about Nemo I remembered his ship's name and it also just clicked. It's the shape of a cham tail! Also is Greek.

And I think that's everyone lol I like unusual Greek names in particular, trying to stay away from the more common Zeus or Apollo.

I've had mine for almost 2 months and still havent named them, it doesnt help cuz i dont know if they are boys are girls But now i'm pretty sure they are both girls but i still dont know what to name them!!

I've had mine for almost 2 months and still havent named them, it doesnt help cuz i dont know if they are boys are girls But now i'm pretty sure they are both girls but i still dont know what to name them!!

show us some pics most likley one of us on here can tell you what they are (at least then you have a better chance of figuring out a name based on gender)..

My girlfriend came up with the Idea to name our Panthers are towns with race tracks. Mostly Nascar tracks but there is a F1 track mixed in.

Males - Monte Carlo, Phoenix
Females - Charlotte, Fontana, Kansas, Daytona

My girlfriend came up with the Idea to name our Panthers are towns with race tracks. Mostly Nascar tracks but there is a F1 track mixed in.

Males - Monte Carlo, Phoenix
Females - Charlotte, Fontana, Kansas, Daytona

" you might be a redneck if"

LMAO, i like the nascar theme..do they only turn left when exploring??lol

i had my oldest male already and had'nt come up with a name for him yet(in almost a mnth) and as we were driving home from the city(with our newest addition to the family) i asked my better half what we should call them,he said well if they were both males then "moe" and "joe" but i was under the impression that our newest baby was a female so i thaught maybe "johnny" and "june"(as in johnny and june carter cash since they cost me alot of cash already and more to come) but as it turned out they are both males so "moe" and "joe" it is...now however they have obvious personalities i was not aware of at the time lol..so am thinking a name change for both but..i kinda like my "moe and joe" the handsome men they are..will def put more thaught into naming the next ones...OH YES THERE WILL BE MORE! lol:D

show us some pics most likley one of us on here can tell you what they are (at least then you have a better chance of figuring out a name based on gender)..

I have, everybody but 2 people said they were both females which is the story of my life! Wanted a son got two daughters :)

Dory is named after the fish in finding nemo because we are hoping she will have some blues once she has color , but before we knew she was a girl, she was named Dexter off of the TV series Dexter.

I named mine Basil because The Great Mouse Detective was my favorite movie as a kid. I also have a dog named Fidget after the bat- he's got the ears.

I could not come up with "a" name so mine has three!! hehehe
I wanted to name him something Arabic or at least Middle Eastern because veileds are from Yemen. So I went with Sayid, the sexy middle eastern man from LOST, Habeeb after a friend of ours, and Jafar after the character on Alladin!! It's a mouth full but it is actually fun to say...Sayid Habeeb Jafar :p

I name my guys by color and attitude. I've got a faly Banja named kobalt and Im getting an ambilobe from bighutch917, probably gonna name him Starburst Did you make that show in reading? I didn't get a chance to make it. Were there any good chameleons there?

Back
Top Bottom