How do you know if your plant is fully clean?

Hello everybody, I will be moving my Panther Chameleon into a bigger cage here soon. I bought a money tree and an umbrella plant at a local florist and tried to clean the plants, but some of the leaves on the umbrella still have a whitish coating on it. I placed my plants in a bucket with antibacterial soap, swished the water around, and let the plant sit upside down for 3-5 minutes. I did that 3 times with both plants. The money tree looks perfectly fine, but the umbrella plant still has some leaves with the whitish coating. Is the plant clean or not? I just don't want to place my chameleon into his new cage until i know he will be fine. Please comment!!

Not an expert by any means on plant cleaning, but it sounds like you've gone above and beyond for your plants/cham. Just make sure to rise your plant again with clean water to get rid of all the soap. If you've still got the white residue on some of the leaves, remove them with a bit of vinegar on a paper towel.

Not an expert by any means on plant cleaning, but it sounds like you've gone above and beyond for your plants/cham. Just make sure to rise your plant again with clean water to get rid of all the soap. If you've still got the white residue on some of the leaves, remove them with a bit of vinegar on a paper towel.

Do i then rinse off the plant after using vinegar?

You can, but I do not believe it's necessary. I clean the cage floor and "poopy" leaves with vinegar and I have not experienced any ill effects from the vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom