How do you feed with freerange

sensation

Hey guys,

I'm interested in knowing how some go about feeding if their Chameleon is free ranged!!! If you have a greenhouse with a few Chameleons, do yall just let crickets go? Should be an interesting conversation.

FR feeding

Hey guys,

I'm interested in knowing how some go about feeding if their Chameleon is free ranged!!! If you have a greenhouse with a few Chameleons, do yall just let crickets go? Should be an interesting conversation.

I have a veiled, and she has a huge tree for her FR, and she doesn't leave it (did at first, but not for long). Anyway, I feed her myself from various cups that I put in front of her. I have a translucent cup for dusted crickets - I can even wedge this between the branches if she's eating slowly. Then more shallow cups for her superworms and silkworms. I'm still working on a permanent feeding station, and it will likely hang from the ceiling since she's always at the top of the tree (it's tall!). She's been FR for a couple months now and so far so good! I have a plastic tarp on the floor to catch the hand-misting I do every day. It really isn't any more work than when she was in a cage, and she is MUCH happier! :D

Mine eat from a cup. No problems. I feed them in the morning and the two that free range are good eaters. I give them just so long until I get tired of holding the cup (about 5 minutes) then take the cup away. There is always tomorrow.

I also feed mine via a cup. I have been free-ranging him for a month now and he has LEARNED his cup feeding locatoin! I am shocked!!!

I lodge his transparent cup in between a few branches (the same spot everyday). As he has been growing, the cup I am using has become too small (since crickets can now jump out of it) so I am considering getting a larger cup...other than that though, he has CLEARLY learned the location of his food.

The past few days, right at 10AM he comes down and waits at his cup (assuming its empty)!! I just dust 5 crickets in there in the morning, and another 5 in there around late afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom