How do you feed darkling beetles?

BirdieF18

I would like to feed my chameleon a darkling beetle every once and a while for variety and i was wandering how you do it. Do you free range them or are they aggressive? Do you have to cup feed them or what? Do you have to prepare them in any way?
Thanks very much.

If the beetles are from your colony of superowrms or mealworms, most things dont like them. However most things that would not eat them ordinarily will eat freshly molted ones with gusto. So if they are white or still very light after molting feed it to something.

I would like to feed my chameleon a darkling beetle every once and a while for variety and i was wandering how you do it. Do you free range them or are they aggressive? Do you have to cup feed them or what? Do you have to prepare them in any way?
Thanks very much.

hi
they are not aggressive. gutload them like you would a cricket then either put in a bowl or allow to walk around on vines and branches. Your chameleon may or may not enjoy eating them (some do, some dont). Beetles can easily form 10% of a chameleons diet without any trouble

Back
Top Bottom