How do you best move your chameleon when...

Ethan

I have a 6 month old MVC. 48x24x24 enclosure. Open air. He is at about 95 deg in his basking area. 70 at the low. Sprayed once a day and then a drip. I am having trouble getting him to eat so I have silk worms in there now. If those dont work superworms if they dont work then butter worms. dust w calcium once every couple of days the tips of the romaine lettuce he eats regularly. He has a zoomed heat and uvb bulb and i have included pics of his enclosure.
Hes a scared chameleon and has always been so Im concerned about stressing him but i need to know how best to move him to not stress him is to be moved when i want to clean his cage?
Personally i want to just move him like i move my female and make him get used to it but like I said he is always been a sissy and i hate freaking him out.
Also would moving him into a bucket and giving a him a warm soak down have any benifit if I feel like he doesnt drink vigorously? Whats the best method if I have to force feed and whats the best method to force drink?

Here he is and his inclosure.
thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 112
  • 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 153
You could put a tree or large plant in front of his open door and he would probably come out on to the plant if you step back and don't let him see you watching. He needs three kinds of supplements calcium without D3, calcium with D3 and a multi. vit. such as Herptivite. How old is he? He might be getting to that age where he will start to eat less. Please answer the questions below in detail so that we can better help you with your chameleon.

How to ask for help

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Do not put your cham into a bucket of water. They don't like to soak like other reptiles do. If you'd like him to drink more then you can put a plant in the shower and let warm (not hot) water from the showerhead bounce off the wall onto the plant your cham is on. Don't put the plant in the direct spray from the shower. Works like a charm. The very first time I put my chams in like that they all drank for like an hour, even though I see them drinking in their cages all the time.

I have a 6 month old MVC. 48x24x24 enclosure. Open air. He is at about 95 deg in his basking area. 70 at the low. Sprayed once a day and then a drip. I am having trouble getting him to eat so I have silk worms in there now. If those dont work superworms if they dont work then butter worms. dust w calcium once every couple of days the tips of the romaine lettuce he eats regularly. He has a zoomed heat and uvb bulb and i have included pics of his enclosure.
Hes a scared chameleon and has always been so Im concerned about stressing him but i need to know how best to move him to not stress him is to be moved when i want to clean his cage?
Personally i want to just move him like i move my female and make him get used to it but like I said he is always been a sissy and i hate freaking him out.
Also would moving him into a bucket and giving a him a warm soak down have any benifit if I feel like he doesnt drink vigorously? Whats the best method if I have to force feed and whats the best method to force drink?

Here he is and his inclosure.
thanks in advance for the help!

Where is your UVB bulb?

Back
Top Bottom