How do i set up branches and vines to stay secure?

Mxstical

I really need help with this because it seems really hard to make sure the branches and vines stay sturdy in the cage. any help? thanks! :)

Tie-wraps are your friend to die branches together inside the cage.

To connect em to mesh just drill a hole in the branch and stick trough a piece of gardening wire, then tie em to the mesh.

Some of my vivs have plastic sides and it’s hard to fix branches so I have live plants in each corner of the viv, I push stout branches into the earth and and start off with four uprights then start building a frame work of other branches cable tied on, I always make sure each branch is fixed in two or more places just incase one fails and the branch can’t fall.

Zip ties and STRONG magnets work too. I buy the magnets from Amazon and they are called Neodymium magnets...I glue one to each end of the branch and then I hold the branch where I want it and put a magnet outside the screen to connect to magnet on branch...no damage to screen and easy to move around.

Smaller-sized zip ties (to fit through your mesh) or florist's wire work great. Also great to bundle branches to each other to stabilize a network inside the cage. Waterproof, no rust, no mold, brown or black hides from view.

zip ties work great, I also use thumb racks to go through the mesh and into the branch, just make sure the branch can't spin while their on it, I use a lot of y shaped branches so it has 3 places to connect

For me the easiest thing we’re these bamboo that u can stretch them out then I also used zip ties and fishing line also

Attachments

• E3149C8A-2E29-4E7C-86E3-B43E6792622F.jpeg
    E3149C8A-2E29-4E7C-86E3-B43E6792622F.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 108
  • E677BFFE-2190-4051-89EC-03A5D23AD6B9.jpeg
    E677BFFE-2190-4051-89EC-03A5D23AD6B9.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 112
I really need help with this because it seems really hard to make sure the branches and vines stay sturdy in the cage. any help? thanks! :)
I pre drill holes into the sticks and use really small screws and they are very secure. I heard push pins work very well too

Back
Top Bottom