how do i cure impaction?

first of all, what leads you to say your chameleon has an impaction? How long has it been since he/she has had a bowel movement? how old is your cham? What are you feeding? Is there something in the cage it could have injested?

It might be a good idea to fill out the 'how to ask for help' sticky in the health forum. That way we can get an idea of your entire setup.

Sometimes basking temp, water intake, live plants, type of dirt and type of food can be factors when dealing with an impaction.

If temp is an issue, warm things up and a warm soak might help the cham get things moving. If it's because he ate something he shouldn't have... it's a good idea to remove those items.

Grapes work great if you can cut up a grape and get him to eat a few small pieces. Some keepers also use a drop of cod-liver oil.

did you try misting him directly with warm water. Not the cage, but more on him. I mean don't blast him with the water but a gentle mist. This usually gets my cham to poop almost instantly.

did you try misting him directly with warm water. Not the cage, but more on him. I mean don't blast him with the water but a gentle mist. This usually gets my cham to poop almost instantly.

yes i did and it worked :) thank you. im just going to have to keep doing that

Back
Top Bottom