how can i help keep my veiled cham hydrated ?

Kaechele

so lately i have oticed that my chameleons eyes have been ffairly sunken in lately and im concerned i mist 2-3 times daily and keep a gallon dripper going rund clock as well as hand pipet dripping. Does any one have some advice??

so lately i have oticed that my chameleons eyes have been ffairly sunken in lately and im concerned i mist 2-3 times daily and keep a gallon dripper going rund clock as well as hand pipet dripping. Does any one have some advice??

Can you post a picture of what your chameleons eyes look like right now?

Also, if you have a fake plant/vines, hang it from the top of the cage (using twisty ties or whatever else you can find) and then set the dripper REALLY slow on top of the fake leaves so that it makes a visible drop of water.

Have you ever seen your chameleon drink?

yes i have but im not shure how much.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 121
yes i have but im not shure how much.

Ooh. That does look dehydrated. I'm no expert, but it really does.

Try what I said with the fake vine. Also hold a clear cup of water up to him and see if he will be desperate enough to drink it.

When you mist, make sure you mist long enough so that you can see little drops on the leaves.

he hasent been desprate to drink from a cup and i mist his cadge down really well and i have put a bowl of water in there as well. thank you for the help !!

he hasent been desprate to drink from a cup and i mist his cadge down really well and i have put a bowl of water in there as well. thank you for the help !!

You're welcome. I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

Please someone else respond and help Kaechele out.

ALSO if he doesn't drink from the water at first try dripping water into the bowl. If he is not drinking from it for a while, just remove it and keep trying with the dripper and misting a lot.

normaly yes i just cleaned his cadge this morning i cant remember if it was white or not.

would it dry white? and how could i help hydrate him if yellowed?

thamk you for your help !!!!

Usually chams will not drink from dishes. They need the effect of mist or falling rain to mimic their environment.

They will if they are desperate.
Also check out this post http://www.reddit.com/r/Chameleons/comments/1554mp/one_of_my_veiled_chams_drinking_out_of_a_bowl/ Flip69 is a chameleon wizard.

Mine drinks out of a clear shiny cup occasionally. I left it in a loop in one of the branches and he went down and drank right out of it. Plenty of water around him, he just wanted to drink from the cup.

i just put a dish in in case he was sevearly dehydrated normaly i use it to put his mealworms in

If he is desperate (or just.. comfortable with a dish) he will drink out of it.

If not, just take it out after about a day and try the usual stuff. :(

Also if you can get your hands on some horn worms, they are good sources of water if he is reluctant to drink.

EDIT: I would try and suggest more stuff but I have to go to sleep.. And I have no more advice to give. Goodnight

poop is a definite way to tell how hydrated they are, if you're not sure post a pic! The half that is white should be very white. If there's yellow/orange you need to up your mistings, what do you use for misting?

i use a normal spray bottle mist when i wake up, right befor i go to classes, after classes and about 2 hours befor lights out with a dripper going thru out the day

Back
Top Bottom