how can I get my Cham to eat everything

martyfrost

she only eats worms she doest touch the crickets at all even if there there the whole day she won eat them but if I put meal worms she goes straight for them

What kind of chameleon? How big? How long have you had her? What method are you using to feed her? What are you gutloading the insects with? Supplements?

We need a lot more information if you would like useful advice. Chameleons can be picky.

If you are feeding mealworms I would switch to superworms. Mealworms are a poor quality feeder.
Many chameleons get "addicted" to eating worms and will wait to get them They won't eat anything else until they get very hungry. If you are serious about switching feeders you may have to let your cham go hungry a day or three to make the switch. Then seriously limit the amount they get after that.

If you are feeding mealworms I would switch to superworms. Mealworms are a poor quality feeder.
Many chameleons get "addicted" to eating worms and will wait to get them They won't eat anything else until they get very hungry. If you are serious about switching feeders you may have to let your cham go hungry a day or three to make the switch. Then seriously limit the amount they get after that.
yeah thats what I'm doing but she's very picky like she won't touch the crickets at all and if I put super worms shell go straight for them and I feel bad not giving her food so I just put worms in them I been trying to get her to eat crickets and is it bad getting her used to one thing ands doesn't eat meal worms she hates meal worms
she won't touch them at all

Have you tried flying bugs such as black soldier flies? You can get the larvae (and let them pupate) at many places including Petco... pricey but if all your getting is a few, its cheaper than shipping. Flying insects will entice most chams to strike. You could also get some green banana roaches. The bright green and fast movements get their attention. They are pricey and I would try the black soldier flies first.

Once your cham expands her pallet to flies, she may try some other things.

Hornworms! I had the same problem with my Jackson's in the beginning, he got tired of crickets and superworms. Hornworms broke his hunger strike. Every cham keeper should have a few of these tasty guys in the house. They're a great quality feeder and have no exo skeleton so impaction won't occur. My guy LOVES hornies.

Back
Top Bottom