how big till i put him in his big boy tank?

DuckyLBT

I have a 3.5 month old Panther chameleon, right now he is in a 24tallX18X18 exo terra glass tank, i know he should be in a screan but the guy at the reptile store said he can be in it for a bit.... I bought a Zoo-Med reptibreeze tank thats 24X24X48tall, i was wondering if i can put him in it now? I cup feed him so he doesnt hunt...so would i be ok to put him in it now?

thanks

I have the bigger cage and think Panther is about 8/9 months old. I'm still trying to find out. In my cage I have two tall structures with vines and plastic plants and have incorporated live plants as well. I cup feed him meal worms but I let the crickets loose. Watching him stalk and kill crickets is the best part! He utilizes the entire cage when he hunts. I leave a small cap full of cricket food on the floor in the corner to feed uneaten crickets so they dont bother Melvin while he sleeps.

I have had my panther in the bigger enclosure since i got him at a whopping 2 1/2 inches long total length and I didnt have any problems but I didnt overdue it with foliage

Back
Top Bottom