How big should a 3-4 month old Veiled Chameleon be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah they have a vet in my town Westside animal clinic. they take in reptiles. and they do have multivitamin spray its Exo Terra thought that i had gotten it but i was mistaken.
You say they take in reptiles, but your post below talks about dumping your chameleon off. I really don't see the need to get so hostile when people are just trying to help you. You'd get a lot more respect doing what is right instead of trying to prove a point that you think you can keep them they way they are right now and in your situation.
well wher should i just dump it off? the side of the road? throw it in a tree? im not being mean or throwing a tantrum. i can afford it. its just my mom is having hard times since my dad died. i asked a question and people end up telling me to get rid of my animals? saying i shouldn't own them? and i didn't jump into it. I did my full research i didn't want to get a huge cage for him to get lost in. and couldn't find any food in it. so i went with the glass terrarium. but for you people i will go put them somewhere. were no one in this town probably knows how to take care of them..
Zac you are just making a really immature post here. Please reconsider what you are thinking about doing. There are members here that would probably take your chameleons if you shipped them to them (though proper shipping is an art). That's all I have to say.

You have to stop being so defensive, really. And you can find a small screened cage that he won't get lost in so that's not really an excuse you can use.

You say they take in reptiles, but your post below talks about dumping your chameleon off. I really don't see the need to get so hostile when people are just trying to help you. You'd get a lot more respect doing what is right instead of doing what you want to do.

Zac you are just making a really immature post here. Please reconsider what you are thinking about doing. There are members here that would probably take your chameleons if you shipped them to them (though proper shipping is an art). That's all I have to say.

sorry but im not the kind of person that gets rid of an animal and give it to someone i don't even know. and shipping isn't the right way to do things with an animal if you were to know what happens to packages you would be very surprised. i will not get rid of my chams by putting them on the side of the road. i don't care who respects me. im just trying to make a point by saying who here would take them if they don't know there knowledge. i would bring them to the vet but i don't like pawning my animals off on someone else.

Rave, there are much better reptile pets to care for if you are on a budget or have less time than chameleons need.

If you would be interested in a leopard gecko, crested gecko, corn snake, or western hognose -and PROMISE to take care of it and rehome your cham to someone responsible here, I'll give you a healthy well-started one of any of those free if you'll cover shipping. I'll write up a specific care sheet for whatever you choose, and you can call me if you run into any problems down the road.

You have to stop being so defensive, really. And you can find a small screened cage that he won't get lost in so that's not really an excuse you can use.

i preffered to get the one i did. they didn't have any good screen cages so i made due with what i had. i said i plan on getting the cage i need and the supplies this weekend.

sorry but im not the kind of person that gets rid of an animal and give it to someone i don't even know. and shipping isn't the right way to do things with an animal if you were to know what happens to packages you would be very surprised. i will not get rid of my chams by putting them on the side of the road. i don't care who respects me. im just trying to make a point by saying who here would take them if they don't know there knowledge. i would bring them to the vet but i don't like pawning my animals off on someone else.

Many people ship here and don't have a problem.

Rave, there are much better reptile pets to care for if you are on a budget or have less time than chameleons need.

If you would be interested in a leopard gecko, crested gecko, corn snake, or western hognose -and PROMISE to take care of it and rehome your cham to someone responsible here, I'll give you a healthy well-started one of any of those free if you'll cover shipping. I'll write up a specific care sheet for whatever you choose, and you can call me if you run into any problems down the road.

i know my things and i don't want to ship animals its not good for them. I plano on getting a new cage this weekend. and more supplies. I restated that many times but no one is listening and thanks for offering but i decline it. sorry.

You know, I had thought that with time you'd become a better keeper, but this post really shows that you are dense. Do you not realize how many chameleons go through overnight shipping all the time? Any reptiles, really. It's a common thing and for you to say that "if you were to know what happens to packages you would be very surprised"... Well alright, by your knowledge no one should ship reptiles, period. If that's the case, how did you get yours? A local pet store? I'm really curious to know.

If you are going to be stubborn and keep your chameleons even after better options have been suggested....
i preffered to get the one i did. they didn't have any good screen cages so i made due with what i had. i said i plan on getting the cage i need and the supplies this weekend.

So instead of waiting (like a good keeper would have done), you rushed things and got the chameleons anyways? What's the rush? It's not like chameleons will never become available ever again if you don't get them right away.

We understand how hard it is to get rid of your animals. But it shouldn't be for your benifit but for the animals benifit. In this case, you don't have a vet near you that will be able to cure your animals of their mbd, you don't have the proper care for them, and unfortunatley you probably won't have enough money to take your chams to the vet pay their bills and buy all the supplies you need for them unless your mom would be able to help you out and you pay her back later.

i know my things and i don't want to ship animals its not good for them.
There is a certain amount of stress when shipping any reptile, but I do it dozens of times every year. I've even shipped to Germany and England without a problem. It can be done, and I'm pretty good at it. And willing to look at ship date and temps to and from to help you ship, if you'd consider.
I plano on getting a new cage this weekend. and more supplies. I restated that many times but no one is listening and thanks for offering but i decline it. sorry.
We are listening, but I think most folks here realize the nature of these animals. Problems show themselves slowly, but then are equally slow to "fix." Please don't get angry, we only have the interest of your chameleon at heart. I've yet to read a post that was ugly towards you.

Zac, can you post a picture of your female, your male, and your setup for each?
I'd mostly like to see the female if possible.

I'd like to see visually what you have going on, and so would a few other people.

There is a certain amount of stress when shipping any reptile, but I do it dozens of times every year. I've even shipped to Germany and England without a problem. It can be done, and I'm pretty good at it. And willing to look at ship date and temps to and from to help you ship, if you'd consider.
We are listening, but I think most folks here realize the nature of these animals. Problems show themselves slowly, but then are equally slow to "fix." Please don't get angry, we only have the interest of your chameleon at heart. I've yet to read a post that was ugly towards you.

Well most ofthe time it doesn't... I said I'm getting the setup this weekend and then they tell me to get rid of it...

Zac, can you post a picture of your female, your male, and your setup for each?
I'd mostly like to see the female if possible.

I'd like to see visually what you have going on, and so would a few other people.

I'm out right now so when I get home I will take as many pics as possible and upload them.. Why do they want to see them all? Jc

just a question... Why does it seem that you give me information and advice and I try and take it and say yup I'll do it tomorrow since I can't atm because the petshop is closed. Then you all either say get a new home for them or you tell me I'm refusing to take your help? I say thanks for the help and then get told I'm not taking the advice I need?

My biggest thing right now is that your cham may have mbd and you said no one in south dekota knows anything about chams. So what are you trying to say, you aren't going to find a good vet even if you have to drive a couple hours to get your chams helped?

My biggest thing right now is that your cham may have mbd and you said no one in south dekota knows anything about chams. So what are you trying to say, you aren't going to find a good vet even if you have to drive a couple hours to get your chams helped?

No local people do.. The vet does I'm checking around.. I'm thinking of Sioux falls

Well most ofthe time it doesn't...
Most of the time what doesn't do what? I read my post and yours twice and am unsure what you mean.
I said I'm getting the setup this weekend and then they tell me to get rid of it...
Everyone here is trying to help ya, kid. And being terribly patient towards your remarks. Finding a more experienced keeper for him wasn't suggested as an option so folks could look down on you. Just in the best interest of the animal, and to prevent you from having a bad experience in the hobby.
I have a hold-back flame (likely female) crested gecko that would do great in the set-up you have. I will give it to you. They are fascinating animals, and being nocturnal have low UVB/temp requirements. And drink out of a dish, only need fruit flavored baby food and some of what you already feed, and they thrive in glass tanks, which they can walk on like Spiderman. I'll even pay shipping.

Most of the time what doesn't do what? I read my post and yours twice and am unsure what you mean.

Everyone here is trying to help ya, kid. And being terribly patient towards your remarks. Finding a more experienced keeper for him wasn't suggested as an option so folks could look down on you. Just in the best interest of the animal, and to prevent you from having a bad experience in the hobby.
I have a hold-back flame (likely female) crested gecko that would do great in the set-up you have. I will give it to you. They are fascinating animals, and being nocturnal have low UVB/temp requirements. And drink out of a dish, only need fruit flavored baby food and some of what you already feed, and they thrive in glass tanks, which they can walk on like Spiderman. I'll even pay shipping.

I love the advice I just don't like people telling me to get rid of my chameleons.. I love them to death! animals at this point is the only thing i really have right now.. it keeps me buisy since my dad died.. may he R.I.P. but I can't give up my chams. it would break my heart. i am going to be getting a new cage this weekend if not sooner and hopefully new lighting i might have to hold off on that for a week. I would love to get a gecko, but i really want to keep my chams. and if i did find someone on the forums to sell them to i couldn't afford shipping and handeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom