How am I doing

I hope I haven’t been coming across as a dick in my comments, wasn’t my intent if I was...
Your good, my other hobby is car stuff, that’s more what I was referring to, for that if you don’t do something how everyone else does it your just wrong, even if it’s better either for a fact or in your opinion, an example is putting a Chevy engine in a Mazda or something similar.

@Brodybreaux25 your straight to the point, and it’s something to get used to. I thought you were(a dick...lol) a month ago and learned otherwise...your a nice guy with good advice and I’ve seen you clarify yourself multiple times...good people and very helpful in my humble opinion (y)
Per your advice here’s some more paths for now, I know it’s not much, still need to get more greenery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 127
Just keep adding as you can, as money allows and you’ll do fine...I’d get the new UVB lamp setup soon, (maybe your first upgrade)get some filler plastic plants for privacy...but yeah your an the right track ...good luck!

Just keep adding as you can, as money allows and you’ll do fine...I’d get the new UVB lamp setup soon, (maybe your first upgrade)get some filler plastic plants for privacy...but yeah your an the right track ...I’m still filling mine in...good luck!

Attachments

• 8C6788AA-AC29-4F38-9F1B-607878355285.jpeg
    8C6788AA-AC29-4F38-9F1B-607878355285.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 83
I’m a noob lol but I’m curious that noone has mentioned the glass enclosure and proper air circulation? I wanted one soo bad but was advised against it so much that I ended up going for the mesh! :(
This is an area of disagreement amongst our community. In my opinion screened vivs are the way to go but if you set up the glass vivs correctly they will work fine too. The general concern with glass vivs is poor air circulation and trapped humidity. Both of these can be fixed by installing a cheap CPU Cooling fan on top of the screen on your viv. They are usually hooked up to a timer and only run on a preprogrammed schedule. It takes some trial and error but it can be done. I actually raise my hatchlings in a small glass Exo-Terra.

This is an area of disagreement amongst our community. In my opinion screened vivs are the way to go but if you set up the glass vivs correctly they will work fine too. The general concern with glass vivs is poor air circulation and trapped humidity. Both of these can be fixed by installing a cheap CPU Cooling fan on top of the screen on your viv. They are usually hooked up to a timer and only run on a preprogrammed schedule. It takes some trial and error but it can be done. I actually raise my hatchlings in a small glass Exo-Terra.

Thanks for clarifying! I’m still a little disappointed that I wasn’t able to build the glass terrarium I wanted lol, but there’s enough heat and humidity here in Miami as is and since this was my first time having a cham I didn’t want to increase the risk of complications. I did however read about the computer fans! Maybe one day I’ll be able to make it happen. :rolleyes:

@Brodybreaux25 @andrearamirezo91 i live in Iowa I I picked glass just so I can retain heat and humidity more in the winter New Years (17-18) it was -20F outside so don’t wanna risk it, for the air flow issue I have my ceiling fan on constantly and when I’m home I open his front doors just for more air flow.

Sounds reasonable! I live in a very hot and humid place, but I did read that for cooler and dry places it could be beneficial. Lucky you :p

Back
Top Bottom