Housing together

i think you can set up colonies of pygmies pretty safely in 20 gallon aquariums.

I have never done it but i've seen peoples pigs enlcosures that have 2-3 in there.

i would go with the assumption ALL species of chameleons need to be seperated as they are all fairly solitary animals.

pygmies however are a different story, i think with the propper set up a few can be kept in the same enclosure.

females can be housed together providing they have a big enough enclosure, but males never with males and never with females appart from when breeding it stresses the female out havinga male in there all the time trying it on!!! best to go for a solitary enclosure :p and be safe

females can be housed together providing they have a big enough enclosure, but males never with males and never with females appart from when breeding it stresses the female out havinga male in there all the time trying it on!!! best to go for a solitary enclosure :p and be safe

If you have a big enough cage, females can be together. As long as you don't see them being territorial with each other and they have plenty of room and foliage to have privacy when needed.

I house my two female jackson together. 2'x2'x3' cage.
I also house my two female werneiri together. 1.5'x1.5'x2'

Having kept 2 female veiled babies together until 4 months I can say DON'T. They were dark and avoided each other to extreme. One was at the bottom and the other was at the top. When I fed them crickets they shot at them and on occassion both had the same cricket. They hissed and gaped at each other and weren't friendly to me. When they each had their own cage their color changed and so did their personality. Chams are solitary animals and seem to be territorial also.

I have heard Pygmies can be housed together 1:3, but not multiple males.

Get 2 cages. LLLReptile has them fairly inexpensive.

I have my two Veiled Females together, They have been together since we got them. Recently I tried to sperate them because one was grown faster than the other, and they both stopped eating and became very dark. Once I put them together they were very happy again.

I do look for signs of aggression though. I am home all day with them so I can watch. They are always hanging out together in there and the only time i have seen once hiss, was when the other was climbing on top of the other. BUT WHO WOULDN'T?!?!?

I will continue to watch how they grow and how they interact with one another. My cage is 3ft wide and 3ft deep, then 4ft high. I have lots plants and vines. They def get their alone time when they want it.

the only time i have seen once hiss, was when the other was climbing on top of the other. BUT WHO WOULDN'T?!?!?

Same with my Jackson's. They are fine until one climbs on the other ones back to reach a branch, then the puffing and shaking starts! :D

Back
Top Bottom