Housing for babies

I'm looking in to breeding my male panther George in the future but what does everyone do for housing babies. Do you house them all together? Or separately? Or all the same clutch together? If I could see what some people use for housing for hatchlings would be great!

Right at first I housed mine in two bins. I had 27 babies. By one month old I had them seperated by size and how active they were and had 5 or 6 to the bin. By two months they went into seperate little cages or to their new home. Here's some photos of my baby bins. https://www.chameleonforums.com/babies-one-month-old-40584/

That's great info and pics. But just one question. How did you heat the bins as all I see is over head lighting which I'm guess uv lighting?

I don't use heat lights. I do have a temp gun and here in FL the UVB lights kept the babies at 80 to 81.

Me and my mom are looking into breeding some nosy bes I was wondering if I could house all the babies together in one 2 foot by 2 foot by 4 foot cage would this be fine I know that breeding is hard because I have 9 baby jacksons.

Me and my mom are looking into breeding some nosy bes I was wondering if I could house all the babies together in one 2 foot by 2 foot by 4 foot cage would this be fine I know that breeding is hard because I have 9 baby jacksons.

Babies need to be in a small enclosure so they will be able to find their food.

Jannb has a very effective and popular set up for new born chams that works great. With that setup cleaning is a breeze. I did that with my first few clutches. They only problem I had was when I fed my little ones fruit flies so many would climb out and it drove me crazy lol. I have since built several small all screen cages to house the little guys in. this allows the food to stay in and crawl all over the place. Think the classic screen cage in mini form. ;-)
Good luck and have fun when you start breeding, it's a very rewarding experience!

Back
Top Bottom