Housing babies

Mikecool

Ok I was wondering if anyone would share there setup for multiple baby veileds I will have 25 I was just wanting to see if someone could show me some tricks they use that could make my first time easier and a success thanks in advance

I use a couple 10 gallons, and three 29 gallon tanks. I initially set up the hatch-lings in a 10 gallon, about 15 hatch-lings per 10 gallon. I purchase branch wreathes at the Dollar Store or Michaels. I wash them and then shred them into bramble that seems to be perfectly sized for hatch-lings. I also use schefflera that is small, I dont put the pots in because of size issues, I just use the freshly cut branches. No substrate, use paper towels since the chams wont be in those enclosures long. I setup temps about 10F degrees lower than adults, so around 75-80 basking, and 65-75 ambient. Mist several times daily and use Fruit Flies, about 15 flies each cham, daily. Day old crickets are also okay after a week or two.

At around one month, I separate the aggressive young-lings into a larger 29 gallon with small potted plants.

At around 2-3 months, they can no longer be kept together. I put them in separate mesh enclosures, 12X12X20 that I custom make. I usually sell out within a month locally.

Good luck OP, It is a bit of work so I avoid breeding as much as possible.

Ok thanks a lot me and my girls are making cages now tell me a lulu bout the lighting you use do they need UVB bulbs or a quick trip outside anything like that thanks again I had a couple more ? Could I just get u email be easier if not no worries :cool:

No worries, I use a long 48" light fixture with 10.0 UVB and a 6500K grow light. This is hanging about 2-4 feet from all the smaller enclosures. You can use a 5.0 UVB, but I hang my fixture pretty high. I use in between 2-3 dome lamps with 40W house bulbs. Just check your temps, you should do fine. The most important thing is to stock up on fruit flies, because they do run out pretty quickly with so many mouths to feed. I generally dont take the hatch-lings outside until about 2 months. Hatch-lings are clumsy and small...easy to get dropped or crushed under anti-dropping reflexes.

Back
Top Bottom