Housing 2 Bearded Dragons?

Hello, I have 2 Bearded Dragons. One male and one female. The male is almost a year and the female is about 5-6 months old. The male is just a little bigger then her. I was wondering if I can house them together. I bout The cage is 5ft long and about almost 2ft wide.? They were side by side for a while now so they have been by each other. I have the male in there now and I want to put her in there as well. If anyone can help me out that would be grate. Thank you.

Hello, I have 2 Bearded Dragons. One male and one female. The male is almost a year and the female is about 5-6 months old. The male is just a little bigger then her. I was wondering if I can house them together. I bout The cage is 5ft long and about almost 2ft wide.? They were side by side for a while now so they have been by each other. I have the male in there now and I want to put her in there as well. If anyone can help me out that would be grate. Thank you.

I would strongly advise against it. Especially because of the age difference. Even with multiple basking spots he will try to hoard all the rays and she won't get anything. He'll also try to hoard all the food and that would be bad too. Along with that I have seen many many pictures of people who have kept them together, they have gotten in fights and ripped limbs off of each other.

That being said there have been people who have cohabitated them successfully but that isn't a risk I would recommend taking

I agree, I would not do it...not a chance. They are not social animals in nature and prefer to be alone. That boy at that age will have one thing on his mind and likely the female will at the very least get very stressed out. keep them in their seperate enclosures. The only time I house any together is when I have multiple females amd a large cage, but even then it is not a great idea and does not alway work out.

Back
Top Bottom