Houdini crickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeyore

:eek:

So the past few days I have been finding crickets in my house. First, two on top of the tank. Ok, i found a little hole and taped it up. Then, one in the hall, but my kitten took care of that one. Today, one in the hall and in the bathroom. Again, kitty cat to the rescue. But when I found one in my BED the other day, now that was too far. HOW IN THE WORLD DO THESE THINGS GET OUT?? IS IT JUST ME??:eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek:

LOL!
Mine were doing that too! 3 yesterday! I figured out that the library books I set on top of Cricket Keeper actually opened the little circle flaps a bit and I assume they were escaping that way. Took the books off, closed the flaps and no more free roaming crickets!

They always end up in my sisters room and she gets so mad. lol. I haven't had any escape lately, but the ones that do escape will escape when I feed my chameleons. They are so quick too.

If you are use a black mesh cage, the one's with a PVC tubing for frame, crickets are chewing their way out of the mesh. Reptarium enclosures are not cricket proof. Adult crickets easily eat a escape route out of these.

Hah

Crickets are magic they will always get out....don't think you will win this battle lol. Switch feeders roaches escape and hide and die so you won't ever know until u find their dead bodies lol and idk why but they escape way less than my crickets...they just can't get by the vasaline boarders I guess.

:eek:

So the past few days I have been finding crickets in my house. First, two on top of the tank. Ok, i found a little hole and taped it up. Then, one in the hall, but my kitten took care of that one. Today, one in the hall and in the bathroom. Again, kitty cat to the rescue. But when I found one in my BED the other day, now that was too far. HOW IN THE WORLD DO THESE THINGS GET OUT?? IS IT JUST ME??:eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek:

I started finding them in electrical sockets, I could see the antennas poking out. My sister lives downstairs and found them in her light sockets when her light bulb died.:confused: .. Another pretty bad spot I was eating dinner and was watching the stove all the sudden out the corner of my eye dropped a cricket from the exhaust above the stove it almost escaped into the burner. I had to go evaluate my cricket situation and I haven't had many loose since.

Crickets are magic they will always get out....don't think you will win this battle lol. Switch feeders roaches escape and hide and die so you won't ever know until u find their dead bodies lol and idk why but they escape way less than my crickets...they just can't get by the vasaline boarders I guess.

I have pygmy's the roaches would eat the lil' guys!! and I think my mom would freak out. I am using a kricket keeper.

i have the same problem. i have screen cages and the white bottom i just caulk it to the cage and so far i haven't had any wild crickets.

Where did hole come from?
Was it there from something you know about or just showed up mysteriously? If so then the crickets probably chewed a hole.

Lobsters

Lobsters are roughly the same size as crickets if not smaller and so are the bbys. They also are less likely to eat you're Pygmy then crickets....crickets are vicious.

Okay so did roaches eat your pygmy's? I'm confused:confused: And I caught crickets not roaches. Won't allow those in my house, lol.

no roaches did not eat my pygmies!!! im trying to say that the roaches are proably bigger than my lil guys. I too will not permit roaches in the house.

If you're keeping them in a glass cage, the crickets can climb the glue in the corner of the cage and if they are small enough get out through the screen...assuming you are talking about your pygs.

I have the same problem but found out they were escaping beside the dripper tupe in my cage, my dog would find them so I didn't mind that much but I did find 1 in my bed last night, didn't tell my BF about that one as he would freak!

Back
Top Bottom