HOT! HOT! HOT!

malle000999

So in Denmark it’s super hot and the temperature in my room keeps on rising! So I have had to improvise I have put a fan near my charms cage so it doesn’t get to hot! But is it a good idea? I’m going to be away the entire day so I can’t have windows and doors open to cool down. The temp right now is 25,5° and that’s pretty hot. So is it okay to do this or will she be too cold?

Attachments

• 33D1345E-C6A6-4FB3-A850-B3CE3406A108.jpeg
    33D1345E-C6A6-4FB3-A850-B3CE3406A108.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 17DA2581-10A8-4F5D-906F-6E13FCC98E7F.jpeg
    17DA2581-10A8-4F5D-906F-6E13FCC98E7F.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 97
Do you have AC in the house? If so put the fan where it pulls in from your room door. If no AC put it where it pulls the air out of the room. Right now your just blowing around hot air. Also if warm enough you dont need a heat lamp on.

uhh what is a fan going to do? Its cold blooded and doesnt sweat...

26.5 is 80f, thats not "hot", thats what my over night temps are for 30 day out of the year in ohio... Last nights "low" was 25.5c/78f and that is about average for summer

Once it gets around 30c odds are you will see them starting to get low in the cage. Thats when you know its too hot. My room might hit that for an hour or two mid day, and i just turn off my heat lamps 10am till 2pm

Last edited:
If you haven't already, you can turn your basking light off for the day.
If you look at climate data for Yemen, I think you'll find that the average monthly temperature in June can reach ~28°C, and dailies can rise well into the 30s.
For short term periods, I don't think there will be a problem.

If you haven't already, you can turn your basking light off for the day.
If you look at climate data for Yemen, I think you'll find that the average monthly temperature in June can reach ~28°C, and dailies can rise well into the 30s.
For short term periods, I don't think there will be a problem.
My heat lamp is connected to my Uv-b light

uhh what is a fan going to do? Its cold blooded and doesnt sweat...

26.5 is 80f, thats not "hot", thats what my over night temps are for 30 day out of the year in ohio... Last nights "low" was 25.5c/78f and that is about average for summer

Once it gets around 30c odds are you will see them starting to get low in the cage. Thats when you know its too hot. My room might hit that for an hour or two mid day, and i just turn off my heat lamps 10am till 2pm
Well I live in Denmark where it’s 10° most of the year so I have never had this problem before...

^^^^ This because from what I am seeing you have a linear of some type across the back (should hold uvb and be across the middle of the enclosure) hopefully it is a T5HO with a 6% or 5.0 UVB linear bulb. And basking in a fixture in the front. The basking dome should hold the heat bulb. This has an on/off switch. They should run independently from one another. The one in the dome with the heat bulb is the one they are telling you to turn off during the day if your ambient temps are rising over 25C.

^^^^ This because from what I am seeing you have a linear of some type across the back (should hold uvb and be across the middle of the enclosure) hopefully it is a T5HO with a 6% or 5.0 UVB linear bulb. And basking in a fixture in the front. The basking dome should hold the heat bulb. This has an on/off switch. They should run independently from one another. The one in the dome with the heat bulb is the one they are telling you to turn off during the day if your ambient temps are rising over 25C.
Yes. Exactly what I was thinking.

You will probably want to get a fixture where you can turn them off separately. I had a similar problem to you and I bought a thing that turns off the power if it gets too hot, and you can hook up a pc fan as well to turn on at a certain temp, but from what I’ve heard, the pc fans don’t help with the temp much.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXM5UAC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FX19EbQ139TCM
It works great and I don’t worry about the temps anymore

You will probably want to get a fixture where you can turn them off separately. I had a similar problem to you and I bought a thing that turns off the power if it gets too hot, and you can hook up a pc fan as well to turn on at a certain temp, but from what I’ve heard, the pc fans don’t help with the temp much.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXM5UAC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FX19EbQ139TCM
It works great and I don’t worry about the temps anymore
I was looking at those before I jumped for the herpstat

Side note, @malle000999 where is your basking branch in your enclosure actually located?

Back
Top Bottom