Hornworms?

no, you don't have to. If you touch it you will see it bends, it is not really as hard and spiky as it looks!

If you wanna do anything to hornworms crush their jaws lol. They look like they can inflict a nasty bite, but so far i've had no incidents with them.

ok since we talking about hornworms ok are they toxic if they only eat the tomato? I know the tomato plant is part of the night shade family and everything i can pull up say both yes and no. I'm doing good with my meal worms and wax worms farms and now going to start up hornworms. I just like to be organic and most important not toxic
Any help will be useful thanks.

ok since we talking about hornworms ok are they toxic if they only eat the tomato? I know the tomato plant is part of the night shade family and everything i can pull up say both yes and no. I'm doing good with my meal worms and wax worms farms and now going to start up hornworms. I just like to be organic and most important not toxic
Any help will be useful thanks.

I read that the leaves are what are toxic, not 100% sure though. What you can do is make your own feed for the worms. There is a thread somewhere around here (if you google it, it'll come up) with the recipe for ir.

If you wanna do anything to hornworms crush their jaws lol. They look like they can inflict a nasty bite, but so far i've had no incidents with them.

hey, ive actually been nipped by a large angry hornworm..they do have some good sized mandibles lol

thanks i'll look for. finding ouyt that the petstores around here don't carry anything but supers small crickets and meal worms. so that just means i'll have to start my own farms on everything. Now thats it's warmer i'll try again on farming crickets lol hard to make them happy when it's 5 degrees outside.

Back
Top Bottom