Hornworms

We feed Camo a Hornworm today for the first time and boy did he enjoy it...

Question how often can we give him Hornworms? I mainly feed Camo crickets every other day some calci worms and like every two weeks a treat, a little piece of Strawberry..

Attachments

• 20170501_110606.jpg
    20170501_110606.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 104
When I have them i do 1-2 a day. Not sure if that's recommend but if not they grow way to fast lol. Hope others can chime in.

P.S. nice photo in the contest, nice to see others posting pics already.

When I have them i do 1-2 a day. Not sure if that's recommend but if not they grow way to fast lol. Hope others can chime in.

P.S. nice photo in the contest, nice to see others posting pics already.
you have a great pic as well, both of you actually. as for the hornworms I feed a few per day depending on how large they are. like you said, they grow too fast and will quickly become too big if not used up

You can feed them regularly, hornworms help hydrate, just make sure you give variety. A few roaches/crickets+ a hornworm or two is a solid meal for one day.

The age of your chameleon will tell you the size of the hornworm that you should feed it. I grow and sell hornworms here on the forums and on other websites and from the feedback I've gotten, it seems like people will feed anywhere from 1-10 hornworms per day to their chams. My own personal chams each get 2 per day. Those worms seem to solve hydration issues quick and issues getting the cham to eat.

Back
Top Bottom