hornworms on the loose!!!

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
so over my vacation my dad left the container of hornworms open and now like 5 of them are MISSSING!!! I found one when it crawled on me in my sleep... It gave me a freaking heart attack!!! but is there a way to lure the rest out of their hiding or do I just have to wait for them to start smelling?

So sorry but I had to laugh at the idea of one crawling on you in your sleep. I'd have lost my mind, that's for sure. When mine get loose my husband will periodically find them by stepping on them with his bare feet, so I'm not sure that's much better. They will kind of coccoon up, then die and sort of melt into your floor. Do you have cats? They are spectacular at finding them. Good luck!

So sorry but I had to laugh at the idea of one crawling on you in your sleep. I'd have lost my mind, that's for sure. When mine get loose my husband will periodically find them by stepping on them with his bare feet, so I'm not sure that's much better. They will kind of coccoon up, then die and sort of melt into your floor. Do you have cats? They are spectacular at finding them. Good luck!
I could never have cats! My dad is allergic! But yeah, that's what happened to the last one we found!

Update we found 2 more, one was squished and one was dried up and smelly!

Back
Top Bottom