Hornworms in europe?

Do you guys know is there any shop that sells hornworms in Europe and ships it outside? I would appreciate it!
My worry with you trying to do this is how fast hornworms can grow. I know I have to be careful here in the states because if I have shipping times longer then 3-4 days they are already much larger then I like to feed. I had some I ordered that got lost and those that made it were already pupating after 9 days of being in the mail. Here in the states most will only ship eggs overnight delivery if temps are too hot. They start hatching out quite quickly.

You would be better off with silks. Still a hydrating feeder but much lower in fat... Take a look at this chart :)

Feeder nutrition chart.jpeg

My worry with you trying to do this is how fast hornworms can grow. I know I have to be careful here in the states because if I have shipping times longer then 3-4 days they are already much larger then I like to feed. I had some I ordered that got lost and those that made it were already pupating after 9 days of being in the mail. Here in the states most will only ship eggs overnight delivery if temps are too hot. They start hatching out quite quickly.

You would be better off with silks. Still a hydrating feeder but much lower in fat... Take a look at this chart :)

View attachment 281765
Thank you! What is ash in bugs??

Thank you! What is ash in bugs??

everything else.

“ INSECT ASH
In nutritional terms, ash is the “leftovers” when you remove carbon – protein, fat and carbohydrate (fiber). A sample of the food item is decomposed (usually chemically) or treated with high temperatures (ashing), and the remaining “ash” residue is composed of salts, minerals, and metals such as zinc, iron, copper and sometimes lead. Gut contents can also contribute to ash components. It is also possible that ash can contain unbroken chitin compounds, especially with crustacean invertebrates. Feeders have highly variable contents of both macrominerals and microminerals”

everything else.

“ INSECT ASH
In nutritional terms, ash is the “leftovers” when you remove carbon – protein, fat and carbohydrate (fiber). A sample of the food item is decomposed (usually chemically) or treated with high temperatures (ashing), and the remaining “ash” residue is composed of salts, minerals, and metals such as zinc, iron, copper and sometimes lead. Gut contents can also contribute to ash components. It is also possible that ash can contain unbroken chitin compounds, especially with crustacean invertebrates. Feeders have highly variable contents of both macrominerals and microminerals”
Had no idea. Thank you!

How do you pair silkworms? I dont want to order eggs and wait for them to hatch and get big every time.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/posting-my-silkworm-experience.168402/
It may take a little trial and error so keep at it. I’ve found the eggs my moths produce hatch best after they’ve been kept in the fridge for at least 2-3 months. The newly hatched silkworms take what feels like forever to grow large enough to feed off, but once they do they grow fast.

I would just throw them into the freezer as is. If you can leave the small stems attached it may help, as well. I freeze oak leaves right off the trees, and they defrost well. I tried blanching them once, thinking it would preserve them better... and they turned brown and mushy when they defrosted.

I would just throw them into the freezer as is. If you can leave the small stems attached it may help, as well. I freeze oak leaves right off the trees, and they defrost well. I tried blanching them once, thinking it would preserve them better... and they turned brown and mushy when they defrosted.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom