Hornworms in europe?

You can order them from websites that ship internationally. Just make sure they aren't illegal in the UK! If that is the case no where will ship them to you and it will be tricky to get ahold of them. I recommend silk worms as a good substitute as they are just as hydrating. If your looking for a fatty treat, try something else.

You can order them from websites that ship internationally. Just make sure they aren't illegal in the UK! If that is the case no where will ship them to you and it will be tricky to get ahold of them. I recommend silk worms as a good substitute as they are just as hydrating. If your looking for a fatty treat, try something else.
I’m looking for hydrating food. Thank you!

Sorry for the spam but just a notice with hornworms: They get HUGE! they can also bight your chameleon so be careful feeding them if they are baby or juvenile.

Good luck with your baby x
Veiled is adult and panther is like 7-8 months old. I cant find hornworms but I found silkworms in uk hoping they can ship them in serbia. I can get here superworms, crickets, dubias and red runner roaches but there’s nothing like silkworms or hornworms. Thank you anyways!

Veiled is adult and panther is like 7-8 months old. I cant find hornworms but I found silkworms in uk hoping they can ship them in serbia. I can get here superworms, crickets, dubias and red runner roaches but there’s nothing like silkworms or hornworms. Thank you anyways!
No problem!

Dubias are a great feeder! Better than crickets as they can give parasites.

See if you can find black soldier fly larva too, those are better than super worms. Super worms have a hard exoskeleton that is hard for chameleons to digest. Same with mealworms, I know of people who have lost their chameleons and bearded dragons to mealworms.. they are just a no no.

is there any parasites that crickets carry that can infect a chameleon?
Parasites are little bugs are crawl around on the cricket. They can transfer to your chameleon if a cricket lands on your cham or in a rare case the cricket bites or attacks your chameleon.

I raise and feed superworms and they are a favorite with my cham. but they shouldn't be used as a staple. They tend to be addicting and some find thier cham refusing other feeders.?

Husbandry was spot on, beginning stages of it's life it had a bad uvb. Typical rookie mistake...

He fixed the issue fast and got the correct uvb and even still there was an unfortunate outcome.

I highly doubt it was due to mealworms unless that’s all the Cham was eating. There was most likely other issues going on there.

mealworms aren’t recommended because they have poor nutritional value and don’t gutload well. They won’t kill an animal if they arenot the only thing fed and there isn’t other health issues.

Parasites are little bugs are crawl around on the cricket. They can transfer to your chameleon if a cricket lands on your cham or in a rare case the cricket bites or attacks your chameleon.

I think you may want to look into parasites.

most of the time (Not always) when a Cham gets parasites from a cricket it is a reintroduction of a parasite the chameleon already has. This happens when a cricket comes into contact with fecal matter from that chameleon.

I wasn’t asking these questions because I didn’t know the answers I was trying to inspire you to research the answers.

Back
Top Bottom